Samsung 5000k HiCRI good news and bad news

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Just curious, are the 5000k emitters the infamous "Dog Farts"? Manufacturer part no. SPHWHTL3DA0GF4RTS6.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious, are the 5000k emitters the infamous "Dog Farts"? Manufacturer part no. SPHWHTL3DA0GF4RTS6.

img-0319.jpg

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will probably put the Samsung 5000k up on Monday if Henry isn't dead.
We are almost out of the SS40 that are potted in heads. Only a couple left. What remains are mounted SS40s that will be reserved for BeCu and SS. So pretty much, if someone wants an SS40 in a non-special metal light, time is about out.

RIP Henry. J/K. When are they going up?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SDR50 is now available on the custom page as an emitter choice. This is the Samsung 300 lumen hiCRI.

Hogo's Monday. :)

Sos24

Enlightened
Yeah. Just ordered mine. The bonus is that I paid for it using money from a knife I just sold on another forum.

Last edited:

JKolmo

Enlightened
Good for you guys! As a bonus for us others please share your impressions when received. I’m on the fence between this dogfart emitter and the 5400k (if still available) for my SS.

Last edited:

klackey

Newly Enlightened
Question? Will X number of the
SDR50 be pulled back and held until the SS lights are built or the finial emitter choices have been made? Looking to try the SDR50 in the SS but at the time of preorder they were not available.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question? Will X number of the
SDR50 be pulled back and held until the SS lights are built or the finial emitter choices have been made? Looking to try the SDR50 in the SS but at the time of preorder they were not available.

You will get the option. Henry will send emails out just before the final build on BeCu and SS to make sure which emitter those folks want.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I was absolutely sure I was going to get the NLT 325 for the SS run. Now this pops up. What is the beam pattern on this one? Is it floody like the 325 wide beam or more narrow like the 250? Or somewhere in between.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was absolutely sure I was going to get the NLT 325 for the SS run. Now this pops up. What is the beam pattern on this one? Is it floody like the 325 wide beam or more narrow like the 250? Or somewhere in between.

Floody. You can see my tremendously crappy beam shots on the first page of this thread.
The hot spot is quite a bit larger than the others. I don't actually have a 325 XPL in my arsenal to compare it to. I'll try to fix that.