SBT 90 P60 SLN Drop In

D

daffy

Enlightened
Thanks Vinh for a superb addition to my SLN.
Spring bypass done nice.
With the twisty cap unprotected cells are too short so atm i use AB 21700 Button tops (wrap says 20 amps).
As we all know light is built like a tank so it can take some heat, 100% obviously drops quickly but @ 50% i can sustain that the body hardly warms up and i get 1000+ OTF Lumens, yet to do a complete run time test.
Perfect addition to the SLN and the VN4 driver being so flexible allows many different configs.
I have some magnets so maybe add those to try the higher drain 21700 but does not really need it.
For all all around light don't think i could have done much better.

Attachments

• slnsbt90.jpg
    slnsbt90.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 76
thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Are them trits in your twisty cap?

D

daffy

Enlightened
Yes I have 4 longer yellow ones

thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Was thinking of doing the same. Can you tell me what size you used?

D

daffy

Enlightened
Was thinking of doing the same. Can you tell me what size you used?
I'll measure it to see but i dont specifically recall the size as the slots will fit a few different sizes. The twisty cap is having trouble keeping the connection even with a button top cell, the clicky switch is fine.

D

daffy

Enlightened
Please ignore this thread it is no longer valid anymore.

D

daffy

Enlightened
Giving the SLN the ultimate durability test in my local tidal creek, unfortunately I wont be able to give you any results as i don't own any scuba gear...

thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
What you do??

vinhnguyen54

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Crap u lost a SLN down there?!

knucklegary

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daffy dropped SLN from a helicopter, crap I'd jump in after it!

D

daffy

Enlightened
Correct we recently had big floods and i was checking out some damage on the bridge as it's on my nightly ride. Using the quad amber drop in during our summer means way less insects. I fumbled and fell over, while trying not to fall in the water i dropped the light. Water is still yucky mud brown and most likely the light got stuck in mud, no way i could see the beam anyway with water that color. Being tidal I have seen small sharks further upstream from the bridge even as there is a lot of bike paths that follow the creeks edge.

KITROBASKIN

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
A lanyard makes for a boring story.
Sorry for your loss daffy.

vinhnguyen54

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Correct we recently had big floods and i was checking out some damage on the bridge as it's on my nightly ride. Using the quad amber drop in during our summer means way less insects. I fumbled and fell over, while trying not to fall in the water i dropped the light. Water is still yucky mud brown and most likely the light got stuck in mud, no way i could see the beam anyway with water that color. Being tidal I have seen small sharks further upstream from the bridge even as there is a lot of bike paths that follow the creeks edge.
😭

vinhnguyen54

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Whoever recover that light I am sure will still have a nice working light. Just need to rinse off the mud and may be some battle scars.

D

daffy

Enlightened
Whoever recover that light I am sure will still have a nice working light. Just need to rinse off the mud and may be some battle scars.
Some fisherman perhaps or maybe i could try magnet fishing....tides very fast though.

knucklegary

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
And don't forget the tidal sharks (bull head?) Even if only young ones, who wants that clamped onto your arm or leg!

vinhnguyen54

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Some fisherman perhaps or maybe i could try magnet fishing....tides very fast though.
Magnet fishing wouldn't work on aluminum