SBT 90 P60 SLN Drop In

daffy

Enlightened
Thanks Vinh for a superb addition to my SLN.
Spring bypass done nice.
With the twisty cap unprotected cells are too short so atm i use AB 21700 Button tops (wrap says 20 amps).
As we all know light is built like a tank so it can take some heat, 100% obviously drops quickly but @ 50% i can sustain that the body hardly warms up and i get 1000+ OTF Lumens, yet to do a complete run time test.
Perfect addition to the SLN and the VN4 driver being so flexible allows many different configs.
I have some magnets so maybe add those to try the higher drain 21700 but does not really need it.
For all all around light don't think i could have done much better.

Attachments

• slnsbt90.jpg
    slnsbt90.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 138

daffy

Enlightened
Was thinking of doing the same. Can you tell me what size you used?
I'll measure it to see but i dont specifically recall the size as the slots will fit a few different sizes. The twisty cap is having trouble keeping the connection even with a button top cell, the clicky switch is fine.

daffy

Enlightened
Giving the SLN the ultimate durability test in my local tidal creek, unfortunately I wont be able to give you any results as i don't own any scuba gear...
1647033743480.png

daffy

Enlightened
Correct we recently had big floods and i was checking out some damage on the bridge as it's on my nightly ride. Using the quad amber drop in during our summer means way less insects. I fumbled and fell over, while trying not to fall in the water i dropped the light. Water is still yucky mud brown and most likely the light got stuck in mud, no way i could see the beam anyway with water that color. Being tidal I have seen small sharks further upstream from the bridge even as there is a lot of bike paths that follow the creeks edge.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Correct we recently had big floods and i was checking out some damage on the bridge as it's on my nightly ride. Using the quad amber drop in during our summer means way less insects. I fumbled and fell over, while trying not to fall in the water i dropped the light. Water is still yucky mud brown and most likely the light got stuck in mud, no way i could see the beam anyway with water that color. Being tidal I have seen small sharks further upstream from the bridge even as there is a lot of bike paths that follow the creeks edge.
😭

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Whoever recover that light I am sure will still have a nice working light. Just need to rinse off the mud and may be some battle scars.

daffy

Enlightened
Whoever recover that light I am sure will still have a nice working light. Just need to rinse off the mud and may be some battle scars.
Some fisherman perhaps or maybe i could try magnet fishing....tides very fast though.