SC62w major problem

Vol

Newly Enlightened
Today I turned on my zebralight sc62w and it came on dim immediately cycled thru 2 lower modes and shut off. I thought I must have left it on. Got home put battery in charger and it was 3/4 full. Tried another fully charged battery and it did the same thing. When I check remaining battery life on light it give 1 flash.

Has anyone had this problem?

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I turned on my zebralight sc62w and it came on dim immediately cycled thru 2 lower modes and shut off. I thought I must have left it on. Got home put battery in charger and it was 3/4 full. Tried another fully charged battery and it did the same thing. When I check remaining battery life on light it give 1 flash.

Has anyone had this problem?

I've not had this problem before but it sound like one of two possible issues. Either the battery is defective/not capable of handling the amp draw or it could be something on the circuit board causing the issue. What batteries are you using? What was the voltage?

Vol

Newly Enlightened
I a 3400 olight protected cell and the red 3500 unprotected I bought from zebralight.
Voltage is 4.18

Vol

Newly Enlightened
6 months old. I sent them an email. Thanks for the replys.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
The OP said they tried another fully charged battery and had the same problem, so it sounds like a light issue.

Yeah I saw that but just trying to rule out a bad battery or batch of them.

Vol, it sounds like maybe something on the circuit board may have gone bad. One thing go try, I had a Nitecore that suddenly stopped working even with fully charged batteries. I took them out of the light and let it sit for a few minutes, put them back in and it worked. Maybe try this with the ZL and see if that helps. Otherwise contacting ZL as you have is the best option, hopefully they'll get you taken care of quickly!

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you thoroughly cleaned the contact points at the tailcap -- inside the tailcap itself and the top edge of the battery tube? If those areas get grungy and nasty then resistance builds up and the light can't get the current it needs.

Connor

Enlightened
^^ What emarkd said. It's likely either that or something is wrong with the light.

Vol

Newly Enlightened
I'm also confident with the cleaning around tailcap.

Tried that was clean

Messing with the light it will stay on in high 1
Every other other mode cycles down
Don't know how long I have had the problem usually on H1 mostly

Zebralight gave rma and 6-8 weeks

I used the light almost every day at work....

Very disappointing it quit

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried that was clean

Messing with the light it will stay on in high 1
Every other other mode cycles down
Don't know how long I have had the problem usually on H1 mostly

Zebralight gave rma and 6-8 weeks

I used the light almost every day at work....

Very disappointing it quit

Yeah it's always disappointing when something like this happens.. They're usually pretty good with the warranty though and hopefully it'll be back soon good as new!