School Me on Eagetac D25LC2

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
I just ran across this light, and it seems to be what I've been looking for in a recessed tail click 18650 EDC.

However, it seems like they are hard to find. Amazon has them, but have read of people getting different emitters than was on the listing. Are there any good vendors that stock the various emitter options?

Would a XPL Hi NW V2 be a solid choice for a NW light?

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got one on secondary market for 30$, XPL HI nw but i'll be swaping emitter for some hi cri.
The only thing i know and like is twist head mode change[emoji106]
Simple solution since 4sevens glorious days and for me the most effective[emoji41]
I'll let you know how i feel about it when i get it

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
I just got one on secondary market for 30$, XPL HI nw but i'll be swaping emitter for some hi cri.
The only thing i know and like is twist head mode change[emoji106]
Simple solution since 4sevens glorious days and for me the most effective[emoji41]
I'll let you know how i feel about it when i get it

Yes please update!
I'm not an emitter guru, so having that many options in a light is a little daunting, but I like NW, with as little tint shift as possible. 80+ CRI is fine with me. I was on the verge of ordering a SC64W Hi, but ran across this Eagetak. (I'm currently carrying an Olight S2R Baton ii)

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just read through the UI.... And that is a deal killer.
Strobe/flash/sos/beacon/low strobe.... all mixed into the normal rotation. Terrible.

And to make it worse, they don't show up every cycle through the levels, so the UI is unpredictable. So it's low/med/high/low/med/high/strobe/flash.. blah blah.
So if you are on high, you don't know what you are about to get. Maybe low, maybe strobe. That's ridiculous.

Everything else about that light is exactly what I was looking for. That's a shame.

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
Oh yeah forgot to add that mine is Tactical.
Version you are talking about is Clicky.
Check on Aliexpress

The tactical UI does look a little better.
But looks like it's a hair longer, doesn't tail stand, and I'm not as big a fan of the bright stainless bezel. Seams backward that the standard would have a dark coated bezel, and the Tac a shiny bezel?

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
I'm a little confused on the UI now.
If you have to cycle through all levels twice no matter where you start, that may not be so bad.

As in, If you have it programmed to come on "med", then if it goes: Med/high/verylow/low/med/high/verylow/low/ then flashes... That would be fine.
However, it's hard to tell from the instructions, but I don't know if that's the case. I think it's just up to high once, up to high again, then strobes. So If you start in "med", you are only going to see "very low & low" one time before the strobes. Not good.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have any idea how clicky works. I think there are some videos on youtube and reviews.
Yes, reviews! Search for selfbuilt's reviews here or google.
He has detailed info about them!

I like tactical for thereason you are woried about. You always know at which level are you before switching on.

Sos24

Enlightened
I'm a little confused on the UI now.
If you have to cycle through all levels twice no matter where you start, that may not be so bad.

As in, If you have it programmed to come on "med", then if it goes: Med/high/verylow/low/med/high/verylow/low/ then flashes... That would be fine.
However, it's hard to tell from the instructions, but I don't know if that's the case. I think it's just up to high once, up to high again, then strobes. So If you start in "med", you are only going to see "very low & low" one time before the strobes. Not good.

I do not have that exact light, but I have bother their D25c and D25a. The way the UI works is that the strobes are accessed on the second pass after turning on and then every other pass afterward and always after high. So for your example of turning on at Med: M/H/ML/L/M/H/strobe sequence/ML/L/{repeat from beginning}.

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
I do not have that exact light, but I have bother their D25c and D25a. The way the UI works is that the strobes are accessed on the second pass after turning on and then every other pass afterward and always after high. So for your example of turning on at Med: M/H/ML/L/M/H/strobe sequence/ML/L/{repeat from beginning}.

That's what I figured. And I'm not a fan of that at all.
If you come on in Med (wether due to the D25 memory, or D25lc2 custom program) you only have one shot at hitting low, or you have to cycle through the plethora of strobe junk.

Too bad. I really thought this might be the one.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I have the D25LC2 MkII "clicky"

In head loose mode my light goes Moon- Low- Medium- High- Moon- Low- Medium- High-Flashythings then back round again.....

In head tight mode it toggles beteen Turbo and Strobe.

In head loose mode you can program the torch to start on any one of the brightness levels you like and it will start the rotation from that point in the above listed sequence.

It also has a configurable level of brightness on the moon and low modes.

I thought I'd like it but I'd prefer it had a forward switch, the reverse switch just doesn't suit me. I did temporarily swap on the forward switch from another of my eagletac lights and I liked the way it worked (ie you choose your brighness mode before you do the full click).

The torch is VERY slim line, way slimmer than any of my other 18650 Eagletac torches. It looks and feels very well made and has a good clip.

That said, I bought it but I don't use it, mostly because of the switch but also because I've found others tthat suit me better.

Last edited:

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
I have the D25LC2 MkII "clicky"

In head loose mode my light goes Moon- Low- Medium- High- Moon- Low- Medium- High-Flashythings then back round again.....

In head loose mode you can program the torch to start on any one of the brightness levels you like and it will start the rotation from that point in the above listed sequence.

It also.

Thanks.
Just to clarify, if you program it to come on in Med, the sequence would be:

(On)Med- high- moon- low- med- high- flash junk, correct?

If you have it programmed to come on at Med, and you do the half press hold for 1 second trick at any point in the sequence, does it go to low? Or revert back to your programmed Med?

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
Thanks.
Just to clarify, if you program it to come on in Med, the sequence would be:

(On)Med- high- moon- low- med- high- flash junk, correct?
That is correct, it takes up from the spot in the normal rotation sequence where it was sitting when you programmed it.

f you have it programmed to come on at Med, and you do the half press hold for 1 second trick at any point in the sequence, does it go to low? Or revert back to your programmed Med?
I just tried it and a "long" press off will reset it to your pre-programmed staring point ie. in the case you describe, it reverts back to the proogrammed starting point of MED.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
Just remember though, mine is the latest version, called "MkII", the one with the gunmetal coloured bezel. I believe that the original edition that I still see for sale on ebay etc (henceforth to be known as "MkI", the one with the silver shiny bezel), act somewhat differently.

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
That is correct, it takes up from the spot in the normal rotation sequence where it was sitting when you programmed it.

I just tried it and a "long" press off will reset it to your pre-programmed staring point ie. in the case you describe, it reverts back to the proogrammed starting point of MED.

Thanks for the info.

Ugh. I just don't think that UI suits me.
If it "timed out" after stoping on any level for more than 5 seconds or so, so that you had to complete the two cycles of levels again to get to strobe that would be perfect. But the disco modes always being present in the rotation just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Really sucks, because otherwise it seems like a REALLY good edc.

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking this light might pull me off of ordering a ZL SC64W Hi....

But looks like I'll prob go with the Zebra.