SEARCH TEMPORARILY DISABLED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryoregon

My "anger-filled rant", as you call it, is directly caused by some of the members of this community who feel it is their RIGHT to have this forum and have it the way THEY want it and right-freakin'-NOW-dammit!!
That comment is the difference between us. I do not perceive anyone's post in this thread that way. I have to ponder why you do?

terryoregon

That's because you don't have all of the information.

OK, fair enough. But my comments can only be based on what can be seen (especially your posts) in this thread.

There is a valid reason this thread became - a bit confusing - which has nothing to do with people feeling entitled. I will give you ONE example.

From this thread:

Hope New Posts button comes back soon.........

a moderator replied:

It is back.

Based on what the moderator said right there, it's not unreasonable for people to ask for a clarification.

I even made it clear in my post:

If the search function is still being worked on - then OK, no further explanation needed.

However, that wasn't enough to keep you from needlessly insulting others. If your post was directed at others whom (we don't have info on), then perhaps that should have been made clear. Still, if you think your post was appropriate, then yes, we are going to disagree.

RCS1300

Greta, I want to thank you for offering this forum. It is really the only place for like minded individuals regarding higher end flashlights to share information and purchase/sell flashlights. I for one missed the forum when it was down and realized over those few days the value of this resource. Sure, Search is important but that is icing on the cake.

KITROBASKIN

CPF Supporter
Going directly to Google to search is easy and effective.

It is also easy to 'mark forums read' after a viewing session. Then next time, simply go to forum, click on subforums of interest and particular threads of interest, and view those threads that are on your subscription. Mark forums read when finished, that way anything new will be in bold.

Hopefully the dystopian posts by members will abate.

Swordforthelord

Greta, thank you for all you do here. I'm sorry you end up taking crap from people with "a high degree of mental health" who couldn't fill your shoes to save their lives.

Cyclops942

CPF Supporter
Supporter
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Oh, my. Some people just don't get it. Greta has, for years, run herself ragged keeping this board alive and kicking. Even if you bought subscriptions or ads, nobody has the right to start bashing our admin. She has a life, people. This site, as much as we love it, is OPTIONAL, both for us and for her. It is the icing on the cake, not the main dish of the meal. Back off and let her work; don't attack the results of her work efforts, her work ethic, or anything else. If you don't like what's here, you are more than free to go elsewhere.

Having served as a moderator on other boards, I can understand how frustrating it can be to deal with folks who can't be bothered to read the announcements, or even the previous posts in a thread, especially when the thread has been created to answer those questions. RTFM, people!

Greta, you do what you do best, and ignore the nattering nabobs of negativity. Those of us who have even a tiny clue of what you've done for us (and continue to do for us) will wait as patiently as we can while you work and get on with life.

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
I just looked up a bunch of old threads via search engine outside the site. My keywords didn't land all 33 pages (made that number up) of threads on the subject here at the cpf library. Yet in only a couple of minutes the info was found.

So until things get completely back to normal we'll be ok.
Finding new posts is as easy as clicking on your favorite section and spotting the blue bulb(s).

I do look forward to the return of the library access.

Last edited:

quinlag

Good job Greta; keep going ; it'll all work out eventually.
I've learned a lot on this forum and it didn't cost me anything.
What are ya'll pissin' and moannin' about?

Vesper

What are ya'll pissin' and moannin' about?

The missing "New Posts" page that people have been relying on for years, that all forums have. It's understandable that it's hampering the usability of the site in a big way. That being said, people are being babies as usual.

Lynx_Arc

Temporarily losing the New Posts and search features is worth it for me as the site had gotten to be often unusable either I got notices of down for maintenance or the site would load very slowly and sometimes get database or overloaded errors such that I would not be able to use the site for several days but now..... WOW! The site works fast and loads every time with no errors or notices of downtime.
Take your time getting what else needs to be done... done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.