Searching for a light that run on dead AA battery

YourTime

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys

Im help a friend to find some light that can run on dead AA battery. I know it mentioned a few times on this forum but im struggling to find it.

Can some one recommend me a light?

Thanks

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
The phrase is "vampire light" or "vampire circuit"
(hey, its almost Halloween. & since its showing up in the Similar Threads list, whoever needs to know can now know).

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eveready 1D with an AA to D adapter will run cells down to below 0.75V.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
My advice is to have him get a 2AA battery holder and use two dead batteries to power a one cell light that way if the batteries spew they ruin the holder and not a nice light as dead batteries are more susceptible to leaks.

The now discontinued Nitecore EZ AA would drain alkaline cells dry. (You can advertise that you're looking for one in the "Want To Buy" section of this forum.)

The ThruNite T10, and the ThruNite Saber 1A will also drain alkaline cells to the point that they beg you to put them out of their misery.

Finally, the 4Sevens Mini AA will also drain cells in similar fashion. The original version (with trapezoidal threads) didn't have a low voltage cutoff, if I remember correctly (no guarantee on that last point however).

Happy hunting.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does your friend use up batteries after being in toys for children?

I have a flashlight Malkoff 1AA, it is very economical and was able to drain the AA battery to 0,6V, after a while the battery is restored, when the battery recovers above 0.8V, it works, when the battery recovers after 0.6V to 0.8V or less - it does not ignite. He was able to use the battery for 2 hours, who could no longer move the hand of the table alarm.

The best thing in my opinion is to find an adapter for 3 * AA in flashlight body for 3R12 battery
800px-Daimon_Flachbatterie.jpg

yyAAAgKSKOA-960.jpg

and use the diode and guts from this lantern for a 1.5 volt battery, for example from inova microlight, or https://laughingrabbitinc.com/index.html

Then your friend will get some number of photons from dead batteries :)

as a case for such a Frankenstein, you can use a German military flashlight
s-l400.jpg

But, what is important here, you will have to use only dead batteries, if he installs fresh batteries in a similar structure, he will be able to kill the diode, or maybe not, I have not tested it yet

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
or you can make a test construction like this - 3r12 adaptor + wires + glue + 1.5V small flashlight
1635846510666.png

a friend of mine made a similar one out of an unnamed flashlight and a auto battery for stationary use

times have changed, now this adapter calls "aa battery holder"
1635847393537.png

Last edited:

Latest posts