• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Seattle 2 New York Sale 6PM Seattle Time 2.23.2017

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Seattle 2 New York Sale

Anybody else not seeing the prices?
I am not seeing the prices here and now, Windows 10 x64 1607 14363, Firefox 51.0.1 32 bit, Kaspersky Internet Security Beta version 2018 18.0.0.405 Release Candidate 1/Technical Release, Verizon 4G LTE Jet Pack.

MC408

Enlightened

Patience fellas, the listing is still being updated.

I vote for 7pm pst. Give those east coast fellas a chance.

paulsl

Enlightened

I second that. I can do 10PM EST or 7PM PST.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast

7pm pst seems to work for all... me included!

Are all lights up?
Can't wait to see prices go up too.

If the t21 is added for even like a dollar off I might bite. Hahaha...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Still haev to add a bunch of lights. Its an expensive trip!!! LOL

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's funny, Vinh.
We all ran out & robbed banks, thinking it was tonight! LOL
Exactly... I saw the thread started 23 hours ago, the start time was likely 7pm pst... and thought JUST IN TIME, THAT WAS CLOSE!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D

After this sale, I would suggest you stay at the Sherry Netherland hotel at 5th. Ave and 59th. St. At the entrance to Central Park. One of my favorite NYC hotels. Your girl friend? (Appolgies, as I don't know your status), would love it.

And, if you want to surprise or make an impression upon her, this place, would do the job very well, very well indeed.

One thing I do in New York is to always live it up a little. Sometimes a lot. Our biggest, at the time, client came down in the World Trade Center Collapse, so out of respect, I have toned it down A little.

Nevertheless... "New York: It is the only city" -- RedLED, CPF Member.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got some advise.. during night driving or even day driving, dont pull over and help.. or dont give hitchhiker a ride.. so on.
This is good advice, as big as your heart is, there's bad people here in NYC, need to be real careful!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D

Agreed, and don't give the nuts in Times Square dressed like super hero wackos the time of day, ignore them competly, and with sever prejudice.

They are just nut jobs. They, the city, really, the mayor, needs to reopen Broadway and put it back to the way it was, and that will help dilute these people, and assist in the pestering of tourists for money. This is really bad for the city.

We have them in LA, as well and covering the Oscars quite a few years back, it is a month long deal, and a week before the event some fool dressed as Superman wanted, no, demanded money from me while I was carrying 3 cameras. Like he was entitled to the money. To make a long story short...I waved goodbye to him as he was driven away in the back of an LAPD cruiser.

Also in NYC walk as close to the street as you can, and look like you know where you are going, so someone can't pull you in an alley is something. If you have a shoulder bag sling it across your body so someone can't grab it, same with women's purses.

It it is much safer that LA, I think, just be on guard and you will be fine.

My wife's company had her in Seattle for a few years, and we had a beautiful high rise Apt. Like Frasier's, however, I spent very little time there, and when I did, I really didn't go out except to Nordstroms for menswear. With that said, I can't make a comparison between SEA and NYC.

Really you you will be fine don't worry, NYC is remarkable. As long as your hotel is not at 126th.St and Lexington you will be fine.

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh -
Can I suggest some yummy food places in NYC?

For crazy good noodles that are unlike anything you'd normally get at a Chinese place try Xi'an Famous Foods.
There're a few around the city and it's super hip and CHEAP.
You've gotta get some bagels - I like Ess A Bagel but there are a lot of other good spots.

Punjabi "deli" on 1st and A is SUPER good Indian food that's 24hrs and like 5$ for a whole meal.
You know it's good when u see how many taxis are parked in front hehe.

And Gus' Pickles is OG AF

I'm sure someone will suggest a good pizza place (I eat vegan so don't know where the best authentic NY pizza is)

:):):)

Sorry but I'm not buying anything from the sale - need to save for amplifier parts....

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh if you happen to drive through southern Indiana give me a shout and I'll met you at the Cracker Barrel in Corydon. They got some good eats!

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

:mecry::mecry::mecry:RTS #9

If this sale drops this weekend, I'm gunna miss it! I'm going to be in big bear!
I'm also kinda craning my neck to see if you got some numbers on the T30vns too!

Well, I vote for some time before friday or after monday! preferably before 1:00pm or after 12:00am!! More specifically, when everyone's asleep and I'm not. Like right now. :naughty:

Last edited: