semi-drunken destructive M6 test.... [yes there are pictures added now]

Illum

Flashaholic
why does My M6 look exactly the same...only mines right out of a box...
Not bad for ding resistance...I didn't see anything too severe

Forgoten214

Enlightened
I would like to see you put it on a table or a tee. Then wack it with a baseball bat. Barry Bonds anyone? :)

jcw122

Enlightened
Wow it barely looks like it got touched! Looks brand new! Good to hear, good story :)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Re: semi-drunken destructive M6 test....

Read response #32 above :)

They [New Belgium] have a wide selection of flavors but are most well known for "Fat Tire" which seems to be the mainstay party beer of the region.

The stuff is made a few hours North of here in the Fort Collins Colorado region. I've tested numerous flavors from them and haven't found one that I couldn't happily drink :) The stuff is available in (quoting their website here) Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arkansas, California, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Tennessee, and North Carolina. Coming this year: South Dakota, Wisconsin, Indiana, South Carolina, and Georgia!

So it's not something that everyone would be familiar with and isn't available everywhere so I'm not sure if we could build a standardized testing requirement based on their beer.

I sometimes drink cheap **** beer, but for a couple bucks extra it's hard to argue with the stout flavors of a good quality fresh locally brewed beer.

-Eric

I'm devastated living in the Springs that you're not drinking "The Rocky Mountain Beer." I don't have to mention the name. I still remember the days when they limited distribution, and on occasion we would make a beer run to Denver and fill up a van with 50-100 cases (or however many would fit) which we sold at a hefty profit.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Also DM51, I'm pretty sure he has somewhere around a suitcase full of em....

Some of the M6 collections here are worth more than all 3 cars my wife and I own combined, completely awesome.

We can't have DM51 do any shooting. He lives in one of those "girly-man" European countries that only let criminals have guns. :nana:

mdocod

Flashaholic

I'm devastated living in the Springs that you're not drinking "The Rocky Mountain Beer." I don't have to mention the name. I still remember the days when they limited distribution, and on occasion we would make a beer run to Denver and fill up a van with 50-100 cases (or however many would fit) which we sold at a hefty profit.

It was the effort that made it taste good... not the beer :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I would like to see you put it on a table or a tee. Then wack it with a baseball bat. Barry Bonds anyone? :)

It's one thing for him to be drunk, but asking Eric to juice himself until his head expands beyond its original, adult size; might be asking too much of him. ;)

cnjl3

Enlightened
Hand me that M6, Ugh... I mean that hammer.
I had asked this CPF member for pics but he was not able to show any because he was changing PC's at that time.
I am posting this only because I had really wanted to see what an M6 that was used as a hammer would look like.
I had heard that that some Surefire coatings were so hard it that it would cut other metals? This is not meant as a jeer or to belittle this CPF member at all. Just plain old curiosity on my part to see what damage (if any) was done.

My M6's get used very hard, with drops and bangs being the norm. And at
least once a week one is submerged underwater or used in the rain, and on
several occasions as a substitute for a hammer or other heavy tool.
THANKS.

Last edited:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had heard that that some Surefire coatings were so hard it that it would cut other metals?

SureFire boasted in an advertisement that their anodization was so hard it could cut through the body of other flashlights. Someone here tried it with interesting results.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast

We can't have DM51 do any shooting. He lives in one of those "girly-man" European countries that only let criminals have guns. :nana:

Excuse me Mr LuxLuthor, we also let some of our police have guns too.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Don't you mean "girly man" police................:nana::laughing::grin2:

This thread is the most best thing happening in CPF right now. I crack up when ever I read the latest posts. It make me think that incan guys have more fun. ;)

Eric, it's amazing to me that you can toss your M6 around as described and have it survive relatively undamaged. I illustrates the differences in our two states. If you toss a flashlight anywhere over here you're almost guaranteed having gravel embedded into the aluminum. There's just nothing soft out here in AZ and if it isn't made of granite it has thorns, fangs or stingers...lol. It's an especially fun place to crash on your mountain bike too. :eek:oo: Outdoor kids grow up tough here.

All this talk of shooting M6's really makes me want to pick up a now inexpensive M6 tube, due to the success of the FM body, and shoot one starting with a .22LR and working my way up. I don't know why this sounds so fun but for some reason it just does! I don't even have to perform the act to know that the suggested .357 would zip right through it but the slower non-jacketed rounds could be interesting. I just may go look for someone willing to to sell me their old beat up tube in the marketplace. We could then just make this the official "Abuse Your M6" thread...LOL.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Well since you have dignified me with an appellation, it goes without saying that every nation in the world has an armed police force. The only question is ascertaining their on-site response time once a call for help is (hopefully) placed....but we must not digress into the unrelated topic of America's 2nd Amendment right.

All this talk of shooting M6's really makes me want to pick up a now inexpensive M6 tube, due to the success of the FM body, and shoot one starting with a .22LR and working my way up. I don't know why this sounds so fun but for some reason it just does! I don't even have to perform the act to know that the suggested .357 would zip right through it but the slower non-jacketed rounds could be interesting. I just may go look for someone willing to to sell me their old beat up tube in the marketplace. We could then just make this the official "Abuse Your M6" thread...LOL.

That's the spirit! Even SF would likely be interested in being able to make new claims on personal protection capabilities of the SF-M6. To be realistic, and indicative of concealed carry, I think the pup would need to be fully loaded with 6 123a's....that way we rule out any possible incidence of secondary explosions. :eek:

1wrx7

Enlightened

DaFabricata and I were just talking about this yesterday. I bet the .22LR would just deform and fragment leaving a small mark. I would really love to see which calibers actually penetrate the 7075 HA aluminum:devil: The only problem I see is with your collection you'll probally need more than one tube to shoot:nana:

Looking at the pictures I'd say the M6 held up like a champ to the tossing. My user Guardian shows a lot more "character" marks.

DM51

Flashaholic
A lotta fightin' talk in this thread, lol. For some unaccountable reason I seem to be coming under fire myself, despite being a blameless and inncocent bystander.

Mdocod attacks M6, even going so far as to bite the tailcap completely off!
… and I always thought md was sooooo sensible…

… bullet stopping ability? 380 or 38 would be fine
What?? .38 or .380? They're OK for stopping teeth if you can't find a dentist, but not much good for anything more than that. Let's be seeing some serious ordnance here.

… mix guns and alcohol (what could possibly go wrong?) I don't think any amount of alcohol would loosen me up enough to shoot my M6
Given what has already happened in this thread, I'm not about to offer you that much alcohol

I think the E2e with batteries stops a standard .22 Long Rifle, so a nice slow moving .38 should make it jump good
Looking forward to seeing the slo-mo of this on U-toob…

full penetration
Hey! Keep it clean, willya?

I don't condone M6 destruction.
Take cover, guys. I think ^this^ means war, lol

Was this a hard "whiskey event" or a "lite beer event"?
What's that, McFly?
I have your car towed all the way to your house and all you've got for me is lite beer?

We can't have DM51 do any shooting. He lives in one of those "girly-man" European countries that only let criminals have guns.
What!! This is an appalling calumny and slur! Er… on second thoughts, unfortunately, it's absolutely true. But a small and determined band of us can still shoot pretty straight…

Unfortunately the UK police aren't much good at shooting. They usually miss, or hit the wrong target. Mr. Luthor seems to be well informed on this matter.

incan guys have more fun
… well, they certainly seem to cause more damage!

mdocod

Flashaholic
There would first have to be a myth that is well known regarding flashlights. I personally have been less than impressed with their "scientific" method but do enjoy the show on occasion.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
There would first have to be a myth that is well known regarding flashlights. I personally have been less than impressed with their "scientific" method but do enjoy the show on occasion.
Yeah. Jamie is under the impression that 2 cars hitting head on (each doing 60 mph) is like hitting a wall at 120 mph. I wish they'd hire an actual physicist.