SF FM25 Filter

DCarlton

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I was wondering, does the Flip part contain the red filter or is it attached to the front of the light?

I would like to have the option of white and red with out having to remove FM25 from the flashlight. Just checking before I buy.

A picture would be great, if any one has one handy.

Thanks
Dan

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF Dan!

Yes, the "flip part" contains the filter.

Photos to follow!

If you notice how the "FMxx" type SureFire BeamFilters allow the filter to be folded right out of the way. The filter is 'sprung' to remain there, and it is latched to remain in front of the window.
The whole filter latches around the bezel.

Al

DCarlton

Newly Enlightened
Birilliant,

I wanted to keep the cover in place so that if I drop my M4 it's not going to get too scratched.

Must not scratch or dent my new light.... Spoils the finish.

Cheers All

Edit,

Thank you for the photos, cleared that up nicely.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Actually, the drops etc that cause scratches, nicks, dents etc are in fact very important for the use and carry of your flashlights. For they are "Character Marks" - without them your flashlight is not really yours...

Such things are to be cherished!

Al

P.S.
I think you'll find the TailCap will get some dings after are while of real use.

P.P.S
This photo shows the Filter in position and folded out of the way:

DCarlton

Newly Enlightened
True, now matter how hard you try, if you use them they are going to get damaged. Character marks as a result of your own doing are easy to deal with, you did it it's your fault.

I lent my 1week old U2 to a colleague at work when something was going badly, he proceeded to bash metal relays and 3 phase contactors with it to try and free a welded contact. It was in an awful state. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
When I had a word /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif , his response was its just a torch and that he would have done the same with his 2 cell mag. Oh well some people have no respect for others belongings.

To help ensure the dings are kept to a minimum when held by butter-fingers, I have been using a SF FM67 and thick heat shrink on the tail cap of the U2.

The SW02 will require some thought on how to protect it... I should probably stop trying to keep them in NIB condition and chill out.

Thanks for the pics Al,

Dan

Crossword

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a red filter for my HDS EDC. Rather than the flip-up style, I'd like something like the SF F04 beam shaper. Does such a thing exist? Is the lens of the F04 removable so that I could replace it wth a red lens?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Crossword said:
I'm looking for a red filter for my HDS EDC. Rather than the flip-up style, I'd like something like the SF F04 beam shaper. Does such a thing exist? Is the lens of the F04 removable so that I could replace it wth a red lens?

[/ QUOTE ]

The older style SF F05 red filter was the same as the current F04. There are probably some dealers that still have a few. I bought one recently from Brightguy.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DCarlton said:
True, now matter how hard you try, if you use them they are going to get damaged. Character marks as a result of your own doing are easy to deal with, you did it it's your fault.

I lent my 1week old U2 to a colleague at work when something was going badly, he proceeded to bash metal relays and 3 phase contactors with it to try and free a welded contact. It was in an awful state. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
When I had a word /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif , his response was its just a torch and that he would have done the same with his 2 cell mag. Oh well some people have no respect for others belongings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Accidents are ok, my L4 was in hands other than mine last night, and if they had dropped it, I would have just written it off as an accident. If they were ABUSING it on purpose I'd never lend it out again.

Not even a Mag should be abused in that capacity on a regular basis. There are probably tools that are better suited to doing the job...

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DCarlton said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone should tell his co-worker that a flashlight (especially a Surefire!!!) is the most expensive and least effective hammer he will ever use. (unless it is used on him, of course.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif