SF L1 Lumamax vs HDS EDC Basic 42

UWAK

Enlightened
Guys... for the same amount of $$$ which one you choose between those two flashlight. It would be better if you back up your opinion with some experiences, though I haven't read any reviews on HDS Basic 42 compare to a lot of talk on L1. Thx & God bless.

Frids

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easy choice for me, and I have both. HDS Basic 42 is what I prefer by big margin. Smaller in size, MUCH BETTER BEAM QUALITY my opinion says (I don't like the beam the L1 optics produce), generally better LED tint, more brightness options, comparable quality. I feel the HDS Basic is a MUCH better value than the Surefire L1.

Bronco

Enlightened
I suppose the only real advantage the Surefire holds over the HDS is that you can actually take delivery of the SF within the same calendar year that you decide you want one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bronco said:
I suppose the only real advantage the Surefire holds over the HDS is that you can actually take delivery of the SF within the same calendar year that you decide you want one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be true. I ordered in September if remember correctly, and didn't get my HDSs until early April. You have to be a patient person, as I am, to preorder the HDS.

UWAK

Enlightened
Thx bro... I think that delivery time should be a big consideration too. If you live in a country far away from US, than you will know what's the meaning of waiting so looooong... Bless you all.

Frids

Latest posts