SF/Rechargeables recommendations

Bhustan

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I've been a lurker for almost a year and have finally gotten around to signing up. I too have the flashlight addiction.

The first question I want to ask everyone is what would be the recommended rechargeable solutions for these two lights:

Surefire C3 (stock)
Surefire G2 (w/Z49 tailcap)

I have other various lights, but want to use these the most, and of course, want the most cost-effective method of running these lights. Any suggestions of what type of batteries to get, and also where to buy them? Would Pila's be a good choice?

I haven't had a chance to do much searching here, so any previous links to regarding my subject would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Wicho

Enlightened
Hey Bhustan!

Well, I'm still a newb myself, but there is deinitely much information around here. Try the search feature.

From what I've gathered, the C3 should run fine with 2 Pila 150s cells and the spring, and the G2 with a Pila 168s as long as you replace the stock LA with a Pila 3.7v one.

If I recall, there is a thread on using a SF P90 or P91 LA in a G2 with rechargeables. Can't remember exactly how, but I think you use the 4.2v or so R123 cells. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I'm sure someone will jump in and correct me if I'm wrong! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just ordered my Pilas from JSBurlys and will be trying it out myself!

Good luck.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi Mike, nice to meet you. Pila's are a good choice for the C3, 2 150s Pila's with the Pila spring works great.
The G2 would need a Pila 3.7volt lamp and 1 168s Pila cell.
Where to buy?? Jon (JSBurlys.com ) is my Pila guy I am not shy about that. There are other sellers in the US that could fix you up but Jon is my Pila guy plain and simple.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
Wicho, nice to meet you as well even though you type faster than me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bhustan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Topper and Wicho. I will probably go after the Pila's for my C3 first since I have a brand new spare P60 for the G2, and about 10 brand new SF batteries left.

One important question--does the lower voltage of the Pila's effect the output on the C3? I won't be handing that LA a full 9 Volts the way I'm reading it? I'm relatively new to mods, etc., so any advice would be appreciated.

I'm going to check out JSBurly's when I do place my order.

Thanks again!
Shine on,
Mike

Krit

Enlightened
Hi all , I use 17670 battery with E2e modified bulb with strion 3.5 volt bulb. It work very well and I can change to E1E body with 123a li ion battery too.
3034-31.jpg

Krit

Enlightened
This battery dummy can mod E2E for use with 123a li ion battery. My friend make it for me.
3034-18.jpg

Wicho

Enlightened
Hi Topper. Nice to meet you too! I've read a bunch of your posts in the past - great info. BTW, I blame my Mom for typing fast - made me take it during summer school /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif long, long ago.

Mike, the way I understand it, there isn't a real difference in output when using Pilas versus primary cells, but make sure you change out the batteries or charge them when the light begins to dim. If not, the lamp life will be shortened. You might want to PM 270winchester and get his opinion. Here's a link to his review of the C3 w/Pilas

Great, now you guys have me thinking of a new light.