SH-g lanyard-n-grip ring for Surefire and clones

Cordyceps

Newly Enlightened
Wow, iron chloride in the kitchen! :DThey look wonderful and Im taking the second one.Thank you dsche!AndreiEdit: For some reason, I cannot format this post.

Last edited:

dsche

Newly Enlightened
Wow, iron chloride in the kitchen! :D

Heh, it's possible to receive very good light gray with tomato juice (really, I don't kidding here!) and interesting relief with nail polish and salt, but for deep dark gray we need something more strong )

Sent, tracking info added to PP transaction

Cordyceps

Newly Enlightened
Hm, that seems reasonable to me. TiO has a nice golden colour.
TiO2 is pure white and very stable, its being used as a food colour.

Whats also interesting is that Ti2O3 is shining violet. It is unsolvable in water and none but the strongest acids! I wonder if there is a homemade reaction to create a coating of it.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Titanium oxide is also used to make bright white paint. I've read that the white titanium paint (often used on cars and for house paint) was the most profitable paint of all time, and indeed one of the most profitable inventions that Monsanto or DuPont (can't recall which one it was at this point) ever produced. But it made a huge amount of money for the company and still does.

Last edited:

Cordyceps

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, thats the TiO2 (titanium dioxide) that makes the bright white!
The other two ti oxides are more interesting for surface coating though.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks DSCHE, happy to help. A lot of work goes into these little gems, and it shows!

A side note, the 9P-sized cerakote torch has dsche's "D26 killer" neck assembly. An amazing item in its own right.

LexLuther

Newly Enlightened
Dsche any chance you stil. Have any of these? I would like 2 of them for my boys Christmas...

dsche

Newly Enlightened
AndyF, you are welcome!

LexLuther, oh yes, I have a few for you too!

One Ti ring is $18, for 2+ price is $17.5, worldwide airmail shipping for any $7.5

My PayPal

Last edited:

dsche

Newly Enlightened
AndyF, here is yours four (almost ready, hope to send it this evening or tomorrow morning) upd sent already

four.jpg

monanza, yours next, will working with it on Friday

Last edited: