Shipping from china

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I'm new at ordering from china. It seems like a flashlight I've ordered is finally here in the USA from one part I've read, but has been in customs for a week or more. Is this normal? Another part says: "International shipment release - Import".

I've ordered two from aliexpress that haven't made it out of china yet. Some of these are gifts and one is for me. The first one is from the Wurkkos website where I got a fc11 for $24 something tax and everything.

Showngo

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, it's painful. I've had some clear and start moving through the US in a couple days. Others be hed up for 10-14 days. There's no rhyme or reason for it.

Sometimes you can use other tracking services and find USPS tracking numbers they will eventually head to and get a little more info.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered something from kaidomain in June. I asked for an update a couple weeks ago and that's when they shipped it. So it'll be probably 4-5 months once it gets here. It sucks sometimes

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Turn around can be 3 weeks to 3 months. Once I ordered a package for Solar Force who transposed the last two numbers of the tracking number. Say 54 instead of 45 for example. I tracked my package all the way to somebody's house in like Diluth Montanna……what?! Hey wait a minute here!

A couple of days later my package arrived at my house.

Now when Sofirn C01-sophies first went up for sale I ordered $25 worth to get $0 shipping. Next day I realized I had ordered all black so I placed another order for some other colors.
According to tracking order 1 left the factory same day and arrived in the US shortly after then sat in customs a few days then to my house.
Order 2 was like 2 weeks before leaving, seemed like it was taped onto the back of a sea turtle to get to America got snagged at customs then eventually made it to my house. That one was like 60 days or something.

Just be patient Mike.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh my, horror stories. Thanks for letting me know. I thought one would be maybe like 2 weeks. Its not like ordering from rock auto. I guess something's got to give with free shipping from china. I think it took two or three weeks when I ordered that led from Britian a few years back and I paid for that shipping.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just clicked on what you posted idleprocess after my blonde mind realized it was a link and not you being fancy with text.

Yall might need to read this if you plan on ordering ANYTHING across the pond for Christmas.

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
China has been shutting ports down if one port employee has tested positive for COVID. Then there is a bottleneck at the port in Long Beach, California because of an employee shortage. This is partly due to the unemployed getting more to stay home than to work for a time. Also partly due to the vaccine mandate causing workers to be fired or quit. Last year they also had training for truck drivers shut down due to COVID. A lot of truck drivers also quit or retired this year when they announced the phasing out of oil and going to electric in the future. Some truckers retired last year when it was no longer safe to travel to certain cities without being hurt or robbed. When people take the risk of shipping stuff to you during a pandemic, while people have been sitting at home on their butts making more money, and they are told they have to get a shot or be fired,what did you expect to happen? I don't know about you guys, but I'm planning for the unvaccinated labor strike this next month for however long it takes to properly train and replace the skilled workers that didn't or couldn't get the shot ( and the mess of lawsuits to follow). Prepare for the SHTF, hope for the best, but get to the side of the fan.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
A lot of truck drivers also quit or retired this year when they announced the phasing out of oil and going to electric in the future.
This assertion beggars belief. All the ICE phaseouts I've looked into are at best aspirational, grandfather everything registered prior to the implementation date, trigger a years-long countdown until phaseout, won't begin to kick in for each category until various thresholds are met (sales volume of new electric vehicles being primary), and aren't expected to hit any of their targets for light passenger vehicles - the effective date for medium and heavy commercial ICE vehicles being phased out is unlikely to be within the next 20 years.

Far longer-running trends in the trucking industry has been the slow strangulation of the owner-operator by the markets, to a degree inflexible work hours regulation, and the growing specter of automated freight vehicles taking over OTR trucking (something that's moving a bit faster than general passenger vehicles due to the more predictable environment of the highway vs urban/suburban driving and potential to have truckers manage the 'last mile' if needed).

Last edited:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought we were on a flashlight forum, not a place to discuss political ideology
I try to avoid talk about that myself, but it seems to keep rearing its ol ugly head at every turn. People on both sides of the vaceen and from all different angles need to safely vent without judgement, but there is no place to do that because the subject is a hot potato. If politics didn't already have us on edge this did it. I think this is seperate from politics, but both are VARY triggered subjects x 100.

On the positive side, the fc11 flashlight is now between Georgia and where I live and I'm expecting it tomorrow.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome update hope you get it soon. Ya it sure is a divided world we live in. I don't go on Facebook but I'm pretty sure it's a good place to get the echo chamber people are looking for unfortunately

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try filling your gas tank in the UK this week. They say there are no trucks to deliver it. People used to say that 'all politics are local', but these days practically nothing is. Apparently virtually everything has become global now. It's the new world order some have signed us up for, and it's regrettable.

To stay on topic, much like UFO said, I buy everything from domestic distributors - exclusively. I pay them a small premium to do what distributors do, which is deal with perils and pitfalls of procurement from the other side of the planet (if necessary) so I don't have to. I have very little money, but I can afford to do that, and it's worth every penny. 'Life's too short', and too problematic for me to use my bandwidth dealing with such things. Also in line with UFO said, if I can't procure what I need from somewhere within a couple of timezones of me who I can communicate effectively with, I really don't need it, and will do just fine without it - so far.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try filling your gas tank in the UK this week. They say there are no trucks to deliver it. People used to say that 'all politics are local', but these days practically nothing is. Apparently virtually everything has become global now. It's the new world order some have signed us up for, and it's regrettable.

To stay on topic, much like UFO said, I buy everything from domestic distributors - exclusively. I pay them a small premium to do what distributors do, which is deal with perils and pitfalls of procurement from the other side of the planet (if necessary) so I don't have to. I have very little money, but I can afford to do that, and it's worth every penny. 'Life's too short', and too problematic for me to use my bandwidth dealing with such things. Also in line with UFO said, if I can't procure what I need from somewhere within a couple of timezones of me who I can communicate effectively with, I really don't need it, and will do just fine without it - so far.
This might explain some of what is going on:

Empath

Flashaholic
Flashlight Forum. Political hot potato subjects, especially sprinkled with questionable information isn't wanted. Feel free to discuss the matter in The Underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.