Short 21700 with dual springs?

spikebike

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix E35 that's 4.65" long or so. Great brightness, small, and great battery life and is my favorite EDC. It lets me track my black dog across a decent size park. However it only has a single spring, so is prone to bashing the circuit board if dropped. Sure enough it's now getting unreliable and gets confused, doesn't turn on, or switches modes strangely. Can anyone recommend a similar light that has two springs for each end of the battery and is just a bit longer to accommodate the second spring?

Fenix has a TK16 (5.65"), TK30 (6.1"), and TK20R (6.02"), but surely adding a spring doesn't need to add 1 to 1.5" to a flashlight.

Last edited:

Msf

Enlightened
Wurkkos New TS22 USB C Rechargeable 21700 LED Flashlight XHP70.2, 4500LM
Very similar operation and size with E35 (4.8 versus 4.65) but also has a hefty spring on both driver and tail end. I have a couple of Wurkkos and they are (personal opinion) just as rugged and well built as my Fenix lights.

spikebike

Newly Enlightened
That looked very promising, but I found a review on youtube "Wurkkos TS22 Review - 4,500 lm Flashlight with Powerbank for Outdoor Enthusiasts" and it clearly shows no spring on the driver side. Maybe a newer version added the spring?

Kayaker530

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at the Convoy S21A. It has hefty springs on both sides of the battery. It is about 5 inches long. It has become one of my favorite lights as it will work with both protected 18650 and 21700 batteries. The versatility in the programming is great. I like the version with the 519A myself for high CRI. Several friends are really enjoying this light.

Latest posts