Shot Show 2006.....SureFire badges/CPF Party!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Geesh it hurts so bad to read all these posts...just rubbing it in that some of us couldn't attend (again!)...

Congrats Larry!!

Screehopper

Enlightened
Darell said:
Swell... Darell first reads this AFTER he gets home, and AFTER he stands it two WRONG lines at two different locations. Whew. But I made it, baby!

I made the same mistake also except when I showed up at the tent there was no one in line so I didn't waste any time which was fortunate.

No free internet at the hotel I stayed in. :(

Screehopper

Enlightened
Darell said:
Larry isn't kidding, BTW! He actually won the pork-killer in the raffle from PK. Can you believe it?! Does anybody else want to whack him besides me?

Pork killer. Ha. What about the pork shocker? (the one with the gold tape on it)

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Darell said:
Larry isn't kidding, BTW! He actually won the pork-killer in the raffle from PK. Can you believe it?! Does anybody else want to whack him besides me?
Yeah, me. Larry had ticket #57 ... I had #58! Funny how I seem remember him cutting in front of me. Not biased! :D

greenLED

Flashaholic
The party was a blast (I won an L1 :D)! PK outdid himself showing new stuff, was an awesome host, gave a lecture on what is a "tactical light" :crackup:, etc. Above all, the company was superb! Very happy I could finally make it to SHOT and meet all of you guys! I'm still dead tired (had 2 hours of sleep on Sat - early morning flight out of LV :green:)

Sasha has the "tactical pig" version, BTW! :laughing:

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the club, Lucky Larry. Coolest light I've ever owned! I managed to get the little brother, the L-2 PK recently too. Makes for a nice family photo! Better not take it to work, though. Tends to freak people out!!:whistle:

Screehopper

Enlightened
IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

greenLED

Flashaholic
Before more time goes by, I'd like to thank PK very much for inviting me to SHOT this year, and for hosting a party for CPF'ers. It was a privilege to meet such an outstanding group of individuals. I'm really proud and happy to be part of the family. :)

cy

Flashaholic
just got back in from shot show...

thanks to PK for being a wonderful host and congrats to Larry on winning the pork killer!

TimB

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks...

I just got home an hour or so ago and wanted to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to PK for the SHOT Show passes and the party!

I was also the lucky winner of a G2 and a Surefire T-shirt in the raffle :)

During my brief stay at the party it was my great pleasure to meet a few fellow CPF'ers, notably Arewethereyetdad, Cy, GreenLED, Mut, and Size15's.

I'm already looking forward to 2008 :)

PK, thanks again for the great hospitality!

-Tim

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
Who is planning on going to SHOT in 07 in Orlando, I'm a lil over an hour from there. I'm definatley in.
I hope you're spreading the word. We're expecting to see the whole Florida contingent there. CUE is from that neck of the woods, isn't he? I guess we'll need a FL roster so we know who doesn't show up
smoker.gif

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Darell said:
Swell... Darell first reads this AFTER he gets home, and AFTER he stands it two WRONG lines at two different locations. Whew. But I made it, baby!

I did the same silly thing, but, because I got to the convention center at 07:00, the lines weren't too long, and the folks were still fresh enough to not laugh in my face when they told me I was in the wrong line.

My hotel had no free internet access, either... when I posted to say I'd arrived, it cost me more than a Starbucks for the privilege, so I figured I could survive w/o the connectivity.

Now, as soon as I go read how to post pictures here, we'll see some shots with PEOPLE in them, not just flashlights. (Don't worry, Merri, I won't post that one! :) :sssh: :lolsign:

And as for the rest of you, don't get excited; it's merely a "you had to be there" kind of a thing, and the other folks at the buffet that night know what I mean.

BobVA

Enlightened
THANKS PK!!!! :bow: Amazingly, it was just as much fun as last year. The prototypes were awesome and you are THE life of the party. You're truly the definition of "it's nice to be important, but more important to be nice".

You'd think getting a bunch of flashlight otaku together (most notably me) is a recipe for social disaster, yet once again we all hit it off and the party was rocking in short order. Nothing like a Hellfire running on the "beyond extreme ultra" setting as an icebreaker.

Between the party, JSB's, Jim's/HDS and the LRI booths, I had a lot of good chats and saw some really cool products. It's going to be a hard year for my Visa card.

I nominate Amber from LRI for the "Rescue Timmy From The Well" award. I was talking to "Bobbo" and trying to point out the couple of folks I recognized, including David Allen of LRI (another guy who's even nicer than he is important).
Bobbo wasn't familar with Photon lights, and I thought I'd left mine at the hotel. I started looking for my SO to steal hers, when David's son and Amber walked in, took sympathy on my predicament and GAVE Bobbo an X-Light. What a bunch of nice folks!

Another moment in CPF history was the Sasha Fan Club convincing Darrell to call her, demanding up-to-the-second ETA's. (We just didn't want you to forget the party, honest!)

Lot of fun. Thanks again to PK, Ted Bear and everybody who showed up.

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic
BobVA said:
Another moment in CPF history was the Sasha Fan Club convincing Darrell to call her, demanding up-to-the-second ETA's. (We just didn't want you to forget the party, honest!)
Ah yes. I recall she was pretty tickled that I called here while she was in the hall right outside the door. ;)

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Darell said:
Ah yes. I recall she was pretty tickled that I called here while she was in the hall right outside the door. ;)

Hey! I was late because my husband and I were enjoying a nice relaxing dinner at Benihana's and then I had a hard time getting my poor swollen feet into those red shoes... :eeksign: .... Besides... what fun would it have been if I hadn't made "an entrance"? ;) :D

I just want to tell you all that I had a really great time at the party as well. It was really, really great to meet all of you... and yes, I do mean that :grouphug:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I managed to take a few photos of the "previews" at the CPF party that didn't look like colored sandpaper.

PK's infamous flashlight carrier

Flashlights equipped with 10 & 20W LEDs, which PK claims will be available by SHOT 2007

The "Mini-Beast" Note the 2 lights dangling from PKs neck - those are "Pocket Rocket" prototypes

"Mini-Beast" from another angle

"Mini-Beast" on high