Shot Show 2008 CPF Party Pics

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
I would like to thank everyone for a most excellent time!! :twothumbs It was really good to see everyone... some for the first time and some once again... old friends now... :D

It was quite a surprise... a very PLEASANT surprise!!.... to have Dr. Matthews show up at our little soire and my husband and I had a wonderful conversation with him... about motorcycles! :laughing:

PK, as always, was a fantastic host and an excellent teacher. We always do manage to come away with new knowledge that helps us to better understand these pretty little bright things that we enjoy so much. Thank you PK!... :kiss:

And I do want to give a special thanks to Data... David. I LOVE my new little Wee!! Thank you David... very, very much.... :kiss:

I know my husband has a bunch of pictures on his camera. I just need to get them downloaded and then I'll get them posted.

Thanks again guys... we had a great time!! :D

What Sasha said about Dr. Matthews, I hope he had a good time at the party, I sure did!

And you are welcome! That is just my thanks for all you do for us.

Cheers
Dave

buddah

Newly Enlightened
I had the honor and privelige to attend PK's Surefire/CPF SHOT show party. It was nice meeting everyone including 4sevens, Mr. ARC himself-peter, and Size 15. What a bunch of nice stand up guys. PK was a great host and I didn't realize what a funny guy he is. It was one heck of a party. Great food, booze, company, and generous raffle prizes. Thanks to all.

Illum

Flashaholic
LOL, no way! I shipped it UPS. With its Pelican box it comes to 27 lb.

Cheers

jeezez...empty at 27 pounds? :eek:oo:
how heavy is it when its chock full of A123s?
I wonder what the X ray man was thinking when this went through the sorting assembly :grin2:

why is PK barefoot?:confused:

Gene43

Enlightened
CPFBA
My Wife and I had a Blast! It was really great getting to meet and hang out with some of the folks I've been coresponding with for the last year or so. These are actually cool people, not just geeks like me. The camera was obviously messed up. My hair is not that gray!

Thanks, Gene Malkoff

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Staff member
My Wife and I had a Blast! It was really great getting to meet and hang out with some of the folks I've been coresponding with for the last year or so. These are actually cool people, not just geeks like me. The camera was obviously messed up. My hair is not that gray!

Thanks, Gene

Gene, I think you are right about that camera. It made my hair look grayer too!!!

Bill

Gene43

Enlightened
CPFBA
Gene, go get your truck fixed! :tinfoil:

Yeah, I got my first buck on the way to the airport! A nice 4point 120 pounder. He took out the hood, front left quarter, and both driver side doors. Lucky no one was hurt and the car is still driveable. A guy stopped who already had 2 in the back of his truck. He was on the way to the processor. I told him he now had 3. He was glad to have it, so nothing went to waste.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Gene, I think you are right about that camera. It made my hair look grayer too!!!

Bill

You guys were lucky! It turned my hair fluorescent orange, and added 50 lbs to my belly!

Oh, wait... that was my hat that was fluorescent orange, and the scale tells me those extra 50 lbs are still with me. Oh, what have I done??!?! :oops:

Seriously, it was great to see everyone again, and to meet some new faces. Waymond, I'm hoping you got "the shot" again this year. I know I did!

Bullzeyebill

Staff member
You guys were lucky! It turned my hair fluorescent orange, and added 50 lbs to my belly!

Oh, wait... that was my hat that was fluorescent orange, and the scale tells me those extra 50 lbs are still with me. Oh, what have I done??!?! :oops:

Seriously, it was great to see everyone again, and to meet some new faces. Waymond, I'm hoping you got "the shot" again this year. I know I did!

Added inches to my waist line. Sort of not fair. Oh well. My wife and I really enjoyed the event, and Patty worked hard to earn me an M4. Had to drink some of that good stuff. She handed the light to me and I gave it right back to her. She earned it.

Bill

Monocrom

Flashaholic
.... Oh well. My wife and I really enjoyed the event, and Patty worked hard to earn me an M4. Had to drink some of that good stuff. She handed the light to me and I gave it right back to her. She earned it.

Bill

That's real love right there. :)

slick228

Newly Enlightened
Patty worked hard to earn me an M4. Had to drink some of that good stuff. She handed the light to me and I gave it right back to her. She earned it.

Bill

Bill,

I witnessed it and all I can say is that she loves you (without a doubt in my mind). She is a keeper. ;)

P.S. It was a please meeting you and your wife. :)

Bullzeyebill

Staff member
Thanks guys. Patty has been very supportive in my flashaholic endeavors. Nice meeting you too slick228.

Bill

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing the pictures guys.

Maybe someone who were there could write up the names of the people in pics so the ones that could not attend can put a name to the faces :)

That would be great,i feel i know so many of you.But i dont know the faces.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Who's the SF dude people were focusing on?
That's Andrew.
He did the 'show & tell'.
Andrew has been at SureFire for quite a few years now. His role at SureFire is to do both crescents of the SureFire logo on the flashlights.
Previously he had a job share and only did the bottom crescent but the other guy left...

In all seriousness - I think Andrew did an excellent job presenting to such a tough crowd!

As I hope the photos show the CPF/Flashaholics Party was a great success - thanks to Jan, Andrew and PK for putting it together and hosting it and to Jamie behind the bar!

Al :thanks:

P.S.
I wasn't there. You didn't see me.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
That's Andrew.
He did the 'show & tell'.
Andrew has been at SureFire for quite a few years now. His role at SureFire is to do both crescents of the SureFire logo on the flashlights.
Previously he had a job share and only did the bottom crescent but the other guy left...

In all seriousness - I think Andrew did an excellent job presenting to such a tough crowd!

As I hope the photos show the CPF/Flashaholics Party was a great success - thanks to Jan, Andrew and PK for putting it together and hosting it and to Jamie behind the bar!

Al :thanks:

P.S.
I wasn't there. You didn't see me.

Andrew spent a lot of time with me and several other CPFers at the SF booth. Thanks Andrew for that and for doing shots with me! :p

Al, I sure wish you could have made the party! It was a blast. :D :sssh::whistle: