SHOT Show 2008: Feb. 2-5

ag94whoop

Newly Enlightened
I will be there....

2-5 at MGM Grand

gotta do Studio 54 at least 1 night.....

MrMom

Enlightened
Somebody take pity on a "high-C" personality type like me, will you?

I heard that Hi-C comes in great flavors such as grape, lemonade and cherry. :whistle:

KC Thanks for picking up those items. I will be saving the entire thread onto my PDA so that it is available while staying in Vegas.

BTW I received a post card from the SS organizers with a code to allow me to re-register for $20.00 a person. I ordered my ticket and ordered one for tomtec.

Size15's

Flashaholic
A couple of people have contacted me regarding whether PK/SureFire will be hosting a CPF/Flashaholics party like in previous years.

I have no news as of Tuesday 11-Dec-07 but will ensure that threads like this are made aware of any plans in due course.

I will also find out what representation there will be from CPF Staff.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I heard that Hi-C comes in great flavors such as grape, lemonade and cherry. :whistle:

[Begin Off-Topic aside]:
For those who don't know, this comes from the D-I-S-C personality profile model, which loosely classifies people's "most likely" or "most comfortable" behavior tendencies into four groups. A shorthand method of remembering what the four groups signify is D - Dominance, I - Influence, S - Steadiness, and C - Conscientiousness.

Carried to negative extremes (which can be fun to talk about), the high "D" personalities are the bossy types who don't want to hear anyone else's opinions, the
high "I" personalities are the excited cheerleader types who can't (or won't) pay a bit of attention to detail, the high "S" personalities are the sheep or the lemmings who question nothing, and the high "C" personalities are the anal-retentive types like Felix Unger of the odd couple.

[End Off-Topic aside]

So, who's going to claim topic 6
(Surefire CPF party information) and topic 7 (At the show daily meet up information) in the SS08 Logistics thread so I can post what I have so far for topics 8 (Light related exhibitors listed by booth number-exhibitor name) and 9 (Light related exhibitors listed by exhibitor name-booth number)? Keeping these in order will make it easier for people to find the information (says a high-C person).:rolleyes:

I've already scanned through all 1800+ exhibitors, but I've only come up with 41 booths (eliminating the multi-booth duplicates, that's about 35 exhibitors). I just know that's not all of them, so I'm looking forward to posting what I have, so people can point out the ones I missed. (Okay, so having people point out my mistakes will not be my favorite thing, but I am looking forward to posting the lists.)

RobynS

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

I finally received my booth number for the 2008 Shot Show - we will be in the Gold room Booth 29112. Please come by and say HI !!

Have a great day!! See ya all there !!

Robyn
Peak LED Solutions

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Everyone,

I finally received my booth number for the 2008 Shot Show - we will be in the Gold room Booth 29112. Please come by and say HI !!

Have a great day!! See ya all there !!

Robyn
Peak LED Solutions

This info is contained in both the exhibitors' listing posts in the SS08 logistics thread. Look for topics 8 and 9.

bpond

Newly Enlightened
Central Tools will be there. We will have the CentraLED with us as well as the new FlashFlood. We will also have working models of the upcoming headlamp.

Booth #25034. Be sure to come by and see us.

Bob

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Central Tools will be there. We will have the CentraLED with us as well as the new FlashFlood. We will also have working models of the upcoming headlamp.

Booth #25034. Be sure to come by and see us.

Bob

If anyone else has any more updates to light-related business names and booth numbers, please PM me. In the SS08 Logistics thread (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/181719), Items 8 and 9 are keeping track of the businesses and booths. I have volunteered to maintain these lists until I leave for Vegas on Feb. 1.

I will ensure that CentraLED is represented tonight (if possible).

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
You all ought to plan a night hike at Red Rocks or Valley of Fire or if your up for the 3 hr drive then Zion Natl Park is amazing.

Valley of Fire may officially close at dusk.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I just got done manually reviewing all 1824 items in the list of exhibitors, and more deeply examining those that looked promising by clicking on the link to the SHOT Show site entry, and sometimes by further clicking through to (or Googling) the exhibitor's website. I have updated entries 8 and 9 on the SS08 Logistics thread with what I found, and the list is now up to 53 booths.

PLEASE review this list and PM me with any exhibitor you think should be on the list. I figure that there just HAVE to be more than about 3% of these exhibitors who will be of interest to us, but that's all I've found so far. Keep in mind that, while I tended to include exhibitors featuring emergency lighting (flashing lights to attract attention) products, I did not tend to include those whose sole light-related offerings seemed to be laser sights or combination weaponlights/laser sights. I also did not tend to include those exhibitors whose websites seemed to have only a small handful of flashlights, with the bulk of their product line being general camping/hunting/LEO-oriented.

This was a matter of personal preference, not a matter of "set in stone" policy. If you think that QuikTrip (they aren't really on the list) should be on the list because they have a box of single-LED keychains at the checkout impulse rack, PM me and we can discuss it; I'm open to persuasion, here. This is about all I had time to find before Christmas. If you find more, I can add them to this list.

Thanks, and happy hunting. Oh, yeah... the official SHOT SHOW list of exhibitors and booth numbers is here. If you're going to help me, the least I can do is to help you. :thumbsup:

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I just got done manually reviewing all 1824 items in the list of exhibitors, and more deeply examining those that looked promising by clicking on the link to the SHOT Show site entry, and sometimes by further clicking through to (or Googling) the exhibitor's website. I have updated entries 8 and 9 on the SS08 Logistics thread with what I found, and the list is now up to 53 booths.

PLEASE review this list and PM me with any exhibitor you think should be on the list. I figure that there just HAVE to be more than about 3% of these exhibitors who will be of interest to us, but that's all I've found so far.

This is about all I had time to find before Christmas. If you find more, I can add them to this list.

Thanks, and happy hunting. Oh, yeah... the official SHOT SHOW list of exhibitors and booth numbers is here. If you're going to help me, the least I can do is to help you. :thumbsup:

Here's proof that I didn't get them all. :oops: I was just browsing through the "new items" list on the SHOT Show website, and I found another exhibitor to add.

Help me make this the most complete list of relevant exhibitors, please. The better this list is, the better your experience at the show.

Size15's

Flashaholic
On previous trips to SHOT Shows I took print-outs of the floor plans so I could highlight the booths of flashlight companies (colour coded by order of priority for me to visit) and then marked out a route to visit them. I then knew exactly where I was going and which company booth I would see next. Took me quite a while but the flight was boring so I didn't mind.

Perhaps somebody can use the list so carefully created to do something similar for CPF members going to the show?

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
On previous trips to SHOT Shows I took print-outs of the floor plans so I could highlight the booths of flashlight companies (colour coded by order of priority for me to visit) and then marked out a route to visit them. I then knew exactly where I was going and which company booth I would see next. Took me quite a while but the flight was boring so I didn't mind.

Perhaps somebody can use the list so carefully created to do something similar for CPF members going to the show?

I would love to, but I have no way of editing Adobe PDF files. And even on 11-inch x 17-inch paper (28cm x 43cm), it's a really tight fit. Can you suggest a way to edit them? Or to divide and re-size them?

I had actually thought of doing this, but the technical challenges listed above are going to force me to try to do this on paper printout by hand, using a 10x jewelers' loupe.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's easy for me to print out on A3 paper, and we have A1 plotters at work.
What I did was to copy the plan from the pdf into a word doc as an image, with the paper size set to A3 (or larger). I then marked the booths I wanted. I believe I had an overview plan, and then one plan for each hall or something like that.

Latest posts