Status
Not open for further replies.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by FC-Fire/Rescue:
And curtain falls....

(Hint)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ok, ok, ok....

G'night Gracie....
yellowsleep.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Silviron:
...And that if they ever get their act together in Venezuela (or even here for goodness sake), we don't need Iraq at all.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This, in fact, was pretty much my main point. We may be at odds with what "don't need Iraq" would entail, but yes, we are in agreement.

I didn't mean to come off sounding naive - I just don't like to put in detail that clouds the obtuse point I'm trying to make.

smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by ikendu:
Hmmm. Just a few observations.

Not being for war now does not mean you are for weak defense.
Being for energy independence does not mean you are for weak defense.
Not agreeing with the foreign policy of the President does not equate to hating America.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nicely put. Thanks Ikendu.

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Max:
Iraq has oil. That means Saddam has a resource to enrich himself, acquire weapons for himself, support terrorists, and intimidate all of his oil-producing neighbors into submission.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is so good, that I must quote it. This is my point about Energy Superiority. He who has the energy wins. This here is an excellent example of why and how. Thanks Max.

This quote also demonstrats how much more this is about oil than it first appears. Maybe it is not so *directly* about oil, but you can see the effects of oil every which way you look at this thing. That we only buy 2% of our oil from Saddam is not the point. He has oil, and he holds the cards.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry... I guess it's my turn to be obtuse now. (and not deliberately either)

Darell... so does that make it right? And does that mean that we should just sit back and shut up and let "the way of the world" continue on it's course?
confused.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
I'm sick and tired of bailing others out. As far as I'm concerned all the other countries can worry about themselves. I don't seek the approval of the UN to go settle an old score. The problem is we should have solved this problem the first time. If we go over there like we did last time we're going to look like a bunch of idiots...again. If we go to war, we battle. We don't bomb one day and drop care packages the next. And as far as helpin them re-build...screw 'em. If we're going to spend money to re-build, let's just not bomb them in the first place.

No more Mr. Nice Guy. We kick their butts, take all their oil, and enjoy being bullies for a while. We've let these little pr*cks push us around far too long.

If you don't live in the US, or you aren't old enough to vote, you really don't know what we're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts