Show me your Eneloop collection

Wrend

Enlightened
LOL that would be one BIG cell phone!

Well, not that big really. Certainly small enough to fit in my average size hand comfortably, in my pockets, and to use. But yes, bigger than some.

They could use AAAs I suppose, but I'd prefer the higher capacity of AAs so I wouldn't have to switch them out as often and charge them.

Just for fun I checked, and I can touch my middle finger and thumb together around 10 AAs. Granted, that would be an uncomfortably big cell phone, but 3 AAs wouldn't be a problem for me at all.

For me the benefits (higher than average capacity & energy, not having to wait for the phone to charge, longer cell life expectancy, easily replaceable cells) would far outweigh the drawbacks of having a marginally wider than average cell phone.

Last edited:

surgicalshot

Newly Enlightened
So The other day, I got my Eneloop Disney AA's in the mail and my fiance was like "Why the heck do you need more batteries?" As I attempted to explain that not only did I use them all but that it was fun to collect the different designs they offer. And then it got me thinking... I wonder what everyone else has as far as enloop collection's.

Post your eneloop collection for the enjoyment of seeing as well so i can show her that I'm not the only one! :laughing:

Ill start

Eneloop%2520Collection.jpg
I have looked everywhere in my town for anyone who knows about eneloop batteries no one knows squat they all say energizer rechargeable is the best can you break it down for me.? Why would i choose eneloop over energizer.?

Wrend

Enlightened
I have looked everywhere in my town for anyone who knows about eneloop batteries no one knows squat they all say energizer rechargeable is the best can you break it down for me.? Why would i choose eneloop over energizer.?

It's pretty straightforward. Eneloops have a much higher cycle life potential, better performance in higher drain rate devices, much lower self discharge rate, and are more cost effective. The XX Eneloop cells, while not as good in those terms as the regular Eneloops, are still better than Energizers, and have a higher capacity as well. Just check out the Eneloop website for more info.

REDLINEVUE

Newly Enlightened
It's pretty straightforward. Eneloops have a much higher cycle life potential, better performance in higher drain rate devices, much lower self discharge rate, and are more cost effective. The XX Eneloop cells, while not as good in those terms as the regular Eneloops, are still better than Energizers, and have a higher capacity as well. Just check out the Eneloop website for more info.

All that Wrend said... plus for me it makes organizing their use, MUCH easier. I own lots of speed lights and like to "group" which batteries I use where, so if they look different its easy to mentally note their intended use as opposed to writing all over them. So between all my eneloops, imedion, powerex and Duracell lsd's I know certain batt's are for speedlights ONLY and some are just for battery grips.

SaraAB87

Newly Enlightened

They don't sell them in any store here which is a shame. The only rechargables you can find around here are ray o vac, energizer and duracell. All of which are sub par to eneloop and cost more at retail than eneloop does at Amazon. You also can't buy lacrosse or maha chargers at retail here. No wonder why most people have a negative experience with rechargable batteries.

If you can catch a sale or clearance the duracell and ray o vac's aren't bad if you have the proper charger. I wouldn't pay full price for them and probably wouldn't use them in a mission critical application either. I got a pack of duracell's for $5 at target and they are fine. I wouldn't buy energizer though because I have had such a bad experience with them in the past.

indychris

Newly Enlightened
Nice setup! Are you a professional photographer? Someone ought to be paying you for product photos!
mathews_thumbsup.gif

That's strange.... I replied to this once but my post is now gone??? anyway... If I remeber correctly it was more like this....
eneloop.JPG

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
Did you guys pay top dollar to get an 8-pack shipped from Japan? Using eBay?

I'm looking for those chocolat Eneloops. Much easier to keep in sets. But nowhere to be found below €5 per cell

REDLINEVUE

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to have a set of the Disney Love eneloop seeing as I got married at Disney but I have a sinking feeling that if I buy any more batteries, it would be a moot point. :crackup: