Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
dD3RZpZ.jpg

To start, here is mine. :)

* Aleph3 38mm head
* TB titanium bezel
* PEU pineapple body
* RPM titanium tail

This is just the latest member in my Aleph3 family. Thanks to my good friend MorpheusT1 who recently sent me this mint pineapple body. Thank you so much my good Norwegian friend! :twothumbs

I didn't make pics yet of the older family members but I'will do soon. :)

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Cool light.

Great idea for a thread. I don't know enough about these lights.

I just have an Aleph CR2 model I just acquired from mcbrat.

Last edited:

Skeeterg

Enlightened
First I heard of them,glad you started the thread. You know I think that is the sweetest torch I have seen up to now. WOW

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yes, looks like the ultimate "Lego," although I don't know enough to say if it is. Would luv to hear a few more details about the head, body, and tail cap. I have one of the pineapple bodies. This is sure a sweet use for it.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, looks like the ultimate "Lego," although I don't know enough to say if it is. Would luv to hear a few more details about the head, body, and tail cap. I have one of the pineapple bodies. This is sure a sweet use for it.

I believe the only "true" Aelph3 part there is the head, coupled with a PEU Pineapple body and a RPM tail.
But yes, very "Lego-able" since it is E-series based.
Maybe an aged platform from a more innocent era of CPF but a tried classic that can be kept up to date with a easily replaceable light engine.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I believe the only "true" Aelph3 part there is the head, coupled with a PEU Pineapple body and a RPM tail.
But yes, very "Lego-able" since it is E-series based.
Maybe an aged platform from a more innocent era of CPF but a tried classic that can be kept up to date with a easily replaceable light engine.

Thanks for the details. I see the OP added some more details too. Really cool Lego for sure.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Beautiful all polished steel Lego.

Perhaps @troutpool could clarify, but I don't think these were ever produced in steel. Chrome plated aluminum, electroless nickel plated aluminum, or even highly polished raw aluminum, may be more likely.

Wow, looks like a real beast from that perspective! What batteries do you put in it?

The light engine on the way will require IMR x2 , and I plan to usually run this on 16340 x2 or 18350 x2 .

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Ha-ha! I was wondering if it required IMRs. :)

Not too many of my lights can take a 2xCR123A or similar arrangement. One is the Lenslight KO titanium. But it doesn't really require IMRs although it might be a good idea given how much more tolerant the IMRs are to abuse. But I'm not that worried about mismatched batteries as I don't really push my lights that hard.

Which IMRs do you like?

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
The reason I will be running IMR in my new A3 setup is due to the current draw.

I still prefer AW IMR cells, although they seem to be increasingly difficult to source.

By the way, mismatched batteries can be a serious safety concern, even under modest current demands :caution:

Last edited:

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps @troutpool could clarify, but I don't think these were ever produced in steel. Chrome plated aluminum, electroless nickel plated aluminum, or even highly polished raw aluminum, may be more likely.

It is chrome plated aluminum and consists of 3 Aleph parts: 1x123 body, Bald (B) tailcap, and Aleph 3 head.