Show your beat up light.

Tworch

Newly Enlightened
Heres a few of mine...

The first is one one of my first 'decent lights' from years back when I went searching online for a good light.

My beloved Jetbeam ba20, 2x aa batteries and two simple modes which suit its job perfectly. One thing people new to the light world will learn is there's no perfect light, just one perfect for a specific task. I've used this light for inspections for many years and it's laid in mud, puddles, dropped hundreds of times and still works perfectly. It's the best tool in the toolbox and never ceases to amaze me how some people will struggle on without a decent light. I can't believe I haven't lost it (being a mobile tech) and I've had a few heart stoppers thinking it's gone only to find it in a pocket of a jacket or a drawer it shouldn't be in. I'd be gutted if I lost it.

b3Kl4rhl.jpg

2O0oM30l.jpg

FUiVuqvl.jpg

And then then my Olight i3 (my second keychain light see below)

PCjxXGHl.jpg

Finally my ITP A3 that spent a fair while on my keys with a 14500 inside and I enjoyed blowing peoples minds with the output. After a while the little ring mount in the centre wears through, I filed that down and drilled a hole to mount it on the side, a while later that wore through so now it's permanently retired.

3fDvTWPl.jpg

gdNqTzWl.jpg

Tworch

Newly Enlightened
Great pictures of some well used lights, Torch. :welcome:

~ Chance

Thanks.

Looking at these you wouldn't believe I'm fussy as anything with the rest of my lights! My other lights that aren't tools don't have a mark on them and usually go away in their boxes or holsters. I remember when I first had the BA20 I'd be cleaning it and ultra careful, then it started to pick up some marks and the rest is history.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW. Great stories and some real world wear on those bad boys. Happy to see those little Olights holding up for you since I just got my first, an I3s.
Thanks.

Looking at these you wouldn't believe I'm fussy as anything with the rest of my lights! My other lights that aren't tools don't have a mark on them and usually go away in their boxes or holsters. I remember when I first had the BA20 I'd be cleaning it and ultra careful, then it started to pick up some marks and the rest is history.

Tworch

Newly Enlightened
WOW. Great stories and some real world wear on those bad boys. Happy to see those little Olights holding up for you since I just got my first, an I3s.

Thanks. You won't be disappointed with the little I3. Just make sure you don't unscrew the head too much. I've lost and found the heads (only once or twice) but a tip... tighten the head so it's on, loosen a tiny amount and push the head down, it will prob illuminate, then just undo it in tiny amounts until pressing doesn't activate the light but it's the least amount unscrewed (if that makes sense). Will give you zero chance of it activating in pocket and the best chance it won't come off.

That Jetbeam is way cool! How long have you had it?

Thanks for posting it.:)

No problem, thanks for the comment. The BA20, I don't know for sure... I want to say about 8 years. It would have been a current light when I got it. I know it was my first proper light, I was actually in maplins one day and saw the LED lenser lights (was looking for a new work light) came home to google if there was a better option and then found all these other manufacturers I'd never known of. I don't think the LL would have fared as well in the wet all these years.

Beendare

Newly Enlightened
The sites not letting me post the pic of my old [Date scribed right in it-1982] 3-D cell mag light.

Does anyone know of a LED retrofit for that^ unit?

I used to do hog depredation at night behind dogs and that was a decent light, though banging it around it went through a lot of bulbs... I don't miss the bulbs one bit!

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
VM7kWZu
546r0kv
My most beat up light is a Jetbeam Jet III-M (R2) from 2009 so well over 10 years old, spent most of it's life (when not in use) in a nylon pouch, the stainless steel bezel protected it well when accidentally dropped.

rbcjld.jpg

VM7kWZu

VM7kWZu

VM7kWZu

546r0kv

546r0kv
546r0kv

Last edited:

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasn't babying my SC62d, but it looked really good after 2-3 months of use until last night. I went down on my motorcycle and scraped it up pretty good. It has strands of cotton stuck under the deformed fins. Still works fine.
qebu9atu.jpg

Six years later and I finally killed the Zebralight. It was a house beater the last few years and we constantly used it as tail standing area light. It would get hot on max at 320 lumens and I'm not sure this one had thermal protection.

66825470ef4a9b0256516e40b1d0f4c3.jpg

bc15d0fbc40b5a1bab9667e2e78debaa.jpg

It still lights up, but the tint has changed and it's probably putting out 20 lumens at most.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Six years later and I finally killed the Zebralight. It was a house beater the last few years and we constantly used it as tail standing area light. It would get hot on max at 320 lumens and I'm not sure this one had thermal protection.

66825470ef4a9b0256516e40b1d0f4c3.jpg

bc15d0fbc40b5a1bab9667e2e78debaa.jpg

It still lights up, but the tint has changed and it's probably putting out 20 lumens at most.

Dang, what a trooper of a torch. Looks prime for an emitter swap though. Have you considered it?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
How great, Slumber Pass! Really great for you to update.
Year or so ago I contacted Zebralight about one of my 3 SC62d's going dim. They said send $15(?) and the light. I did and a few months later got it back, nicely renewed. I implied to ZL it would be cool if they replace with a more contemporary emitter. It looks to be another Luxeon, and that's fine; back in the ring to make another swing, though current nightly workhorse duty is an SC64 LE now. Wife uses a pair of the 62d's now.

Wondering if ZL will still do that for a customer. Couldn't find anything on their website reaffirming that service.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: lets see your scratched up lights

I sent zl 4 modified, beat to crap lights missing tail caps, reflectors etc (s600's) & received 4 working lights in return. No questions asked.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

The one on the bottom celebrates 4 years this month of daily trouser pocket carry.
The top one celebrated 4 years daily trouser pocket carry back in June.

F9-C9-E23-A-C8-A1-4-C4-D-97-A2-8-E888-ACB9757.jpg

I'd say being they are surrounded with coins, small knives and other objects all day, everyday the PVD coating is a success.

nbp

Flashaholic

One of my most beat up lights, an Okluma TinyDC from Jeff's very first little run of three or five lights here. I took a chance on a new maker, and man, I'm glad I did. One of my favorite users for years now. It shows why I like bare metal lights, it's got tons of scratches and some bezel and tail dings I've kind of sanded down, and it still looks good. Works great too.

6vERpx4.jpg

us1PPgQ.jpg

2FMlAxQ.jpg

BFs09VW.jpg

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast

Really cool piece of flashlight history!

To stay on topic. A recent pic of my EDC beater E2D Tana TripLED. with some other lights for scale.
56cc5f6cd1f1263095015351a5c43e9d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts