Show your CR2 lights!

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
CR2s LUMMI Raw alm (no trit), MUYSHONDT Ion alm nat 2 stage, Ion alm black 2 stage, Aeon Mk. ll alm black 3 stage, Aeon Mk. lll ti FOURSEVENS Fellhoelter Bolt-Action cu, Fellhoelter Bolt-Action alm black,

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has a McGizmo nichia 119v engine with 4 luminous devices. Body is solid Nickel 201 and head is 4340+1050 damascus. McClicky in tail, runs on cr2 or 15270 battery.

f5aa7d4eba6d2dfc961136b44cbfbf61.jpg

98f4ab09d2303760e2f05a048e09b9ab.jpg

126a4cdd04d09829a3739f65d59a8ed8.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
Very cool CR2. Don't think I've seen a pure nickel component before.

Yes, very nice mcbrat.

I especially like the chamfering on the tail.

If I remember correctly, Okluma did a limited run ( or maybe just one ? ... ) in solid nickel.

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Jeff just did the one 4140 cromoly light. But his damascus has Nickel in it. I believe the wide shiny band is Nickel...

magellan

Honorary Aussie
​Since my Photobucket links stopped working, here's a photo of a few of my rarer CR2 lights, along with a Photon Fanatic Dimpled Nautilus CR123A light and a Noxeye Titanite 14250 for variety:

http://imgbox.com/CWELEhtm

From L to R:

Amilite Cuty
Jets22 Blackbird custom
Surefire Titan limited edition
Tranquility Base custom
Photon Fanatic Dimpled Nautilus CR123A custom
Noxeye Titanite 14250 limited edition
Photon Fanatic 1 of a kind etched mokume gane custom
Exolion stainless steel
Exolion titanium limited edition

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I like it. I've only turned it on a couple of times, so I don't recall much about the modes and the beam, but I do remember it had decent brightness and throw. The threads were smooth and the anodizing is military grade HAIII. But the main thing as can be seen from the photo is that it has a somewhat unusual look and shape. Aesthetically, for me it has a rather impressive "industrial" look to it, between the fine knurling, the ribs on the body, and the slots/cutouts in the knurling on the tail. The knurling is very fine and precise, as are the slots. Overall it gives the impression of a finely machined, high quality tool--which it is. I think it's safe to say the designer was going for a different look. But despite the unusual appearance the two large knurled rings and the knurled tail piece make for very positive handling. Also as can be seen from the photo it's smaller and more compact than most of the other models in the picture so it fits well in the pocket. It definitely makes a nice addition for anyone who likes to collect CR2's.

Here's the product page with all the specs:

http://www.amilite.co.kr/product.asp?gc=755

It's still available from the website. At $75 for a little CR2 light it's not cheap, but they are nice. I should order another as I like to have a dupe/backup where possible. (Of course compared to my titanium and custom mokume gane and Timascus CR2 lights it's a bargain :)).

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
​My collection of DatiLED titanium body styles and hosts, a couple of Mr. Bulks, and a couple other interesting CR2 Legos:

http://imgbox.com/Ol1UhUwV

From R to L:

Body style 1
Body style 1 with mule head
Body style 3 with integrated tail
Body style 3 with integrated tail and mule head
Lego: body style 1 with McGizmo mule head and tail
Lego: Aleph body and tail, McGizmo head
Brass Mr. Bulk Lion Cub host
Aluminum Mr. Bulk Lion Cub host

I thought I had a body style 2 somewhere but I can't seem to find it,

Anyway, I think I have the details on these rare pieces correct. If not, please feel free to correct as some of these are easy to get confused.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info on the Amilite magellan.

Those are the two datiLED CR2 tubes I have seen (with and without integrated switch) , and you also have McTC and TnC/OR shrouded tailcaps pictured above.

By the way, is it possible for your photo host service to use "IMG" tags, instead of "URL" tags, because I never seem to get inline viewing of your posted photos (since you switched hosts) ?

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks much for the info.

On the photos, Photobucket suddenly wanted over $400 per year for 3rd party image hosting. So I researched other websites and decided on Imgbox.com. Very easy to use, not as many ads as Photobucket, and much faster as Photobucket had gotten so buggy and bloated with adware that it had become almost impossible to use for me. I tried one month of upgraded pay service to get rid of the ads, but still didn't like it much, so after trying Imgur.com briefly I'm on Imgbox.com.

Sorry about the indirect links but I'm now skittish about posting the images because of what happened with Photobucket. I lost 3 years and hundreds of photos for just the CPF. But many others are worse off as it affected literally billions of photos and hundreds or thousands of websites. If anyone has a good recommendation on a reasonably priced 3rd party hosting site I'm interested in looking into it.

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
most of my images I host on my own domain I pay for and just use an ftp client to upload/maintain... though I do post some via the CPF app, which it uploades to the tapatalk server I think.

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's one I've got. Never seen another.
Jil cr2 chrome. I have original pill but upgraded pill from Orb to 150 lumens!,
And QTC for a variable output!
I'll try to host s pic later

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I don't know if this is the one you're referring to, but I have a Jil JCR2 chrome. It's on the left in the photo. Also shown are three other colors, light gray, medium gray, and black.

http://imgbox.com/GePLv77u

Your mods sound pretty cool. Mine is still just stock.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
You're welcome.

It's definitely a fave of mine among the Jil Lites. The J2 with all the options it offers is also very cool.

You should still post a photo of yours to make it a threesome. Is it a user or a shelf queen? Mine is part of my treasured CR2 collection (my favorite size format) so of course it's a shelf queen. If I carry a CR2 it's likely to be a 4Sevens Atom model or a Nitecore Sens Mini.

Last edited: