Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Re: Post Your RARE/UNUSUAL SUREFIRES:

while searching I came across this http://www.gun-world.net/usa/acces/surefire/FLASHLIGHT.htm I hope its ok to post.Anyway there are some pics all over. Not mine but interesting pics.

Yum, I feel like a just robbed a gumball machine...:p

I really like that older M3 head too. I've forgotten the designation of it at the moment....:thinking:. Anyhow, I used to have one and let it go for some reason. Now I wish I hadn't.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

A few Surefire SIX lights.:D

002-35.jpg

006-23.jpg

FredericoFreire

Enlightened

A friend came up with this one (sorry for the blurry cellphone pics):

How much should worth? It says on the tailcap: "SURE-FIRE 6P-CH LASER PRODUCTS SWITZERLAND"

SF_1.jpg

SF_2.jpg

Rverdi

Newly Enlightened

I'm not sure if they're rare or unusual, but they are the oldest ones I have. Probably close to 20 years old, they are weaponlights designed for the Beretta 92. No Surefire marking at all, just Laser Products. I would have posted these for sale awhile ago but have no idea what model they might be or how to price them. They work perfectly though.

normal_DSC00028.JPG

normal_DSC00029.JPG

Size15's

Flashaholic

Rverdi,
Those are very old indeed!

SureFire made a version of the Beretta 92F/SB called model 633R and another for the Beretta 92F called model 637R.

What's interesting (to me anyway) is that you have not only the old-style remote, but the original style remote (the tape-pressure switch that is secured by Velcro)

The last style remote to be released was like the old SlimLine.
Whatever, the original version of the loose tape-pressure switch.

Photos of the other side, and from above would be excellent if you wouldn't mind please!
I'm predicting there is unlikely to be a constant-on rocker switch as there looks to be a forwards-backwards shuttle switch found on the earlier versions.

Actually, I'm not that certain which order the various different versions came in other than the loose remote tape pressure switch version was first.

Al :)

Patriot

Flashaholic

A friend came up with this one (sorry for the blurry cellphone pics):

How much should worth? It says on the tailcap: "SURE-FIRE 6P-CH LASER PRODUCTS SWITZERLAND"

The "SWITZERLAND" part is interesting.

Al, what's your take on that?

Rverdi

Newly Enlightened

Al,
Thanks for the info, I'll try to post pics of the other side tomorrow but your correct about the switch. What is different between the 633 and 637?

Size15's

Flashaholic

The "SWITZERLAND" part is interesting.

Al, what's your take on that?
In the old days when getting SureFire in Europe was even more difficult than it was today I guess it was an enticement to support Swiss SureFire Dealers and the Distributor likely ordered a sufficient number to have them customer-etched.
I don't think they are especially rare or unusual - at least not in Switzerland, but to a collector or interesting SureFire variations it is likely worth having one.

Size15's

Flashaholic

Al,
Thanks for the info, I'll try to post pics of the other side tomorrow but your correct about the switch. What is different between the 633 and 637?
I don't know but there must be an obvious difference between the Beretta 92F/SB and the Beretta 92F that means they can't accept the same WeaponLight housing and/or mounting mechanism. From what I can gather the "92F" has a slightly reshaped grip and trigger-guard.

Last edited:

Rverdi

Newly Enlightened

N ow it makes sense. Yes, the SB is the older design, rounded trigger guard and slight difference in the frame contour. F has a square trigger guard, which is what these are for.

zx7dave

Enlightened

Here is my little donation to this thread :naughty:

SF-6.jpg

brammalay

Newly Enlightened

Anyone want to sell surefire 6c. I'm new here. I hope someone can help me find one :)

Thanks in advance

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good find, DaFAB :D I love mine, exactly the same shade as the A2.

Regards,
Tempest

Status
Not open for further replies.