Show your Solarforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDest

Newly Enlightened
And old, will the lantern attachment fit on the L2P or just the L2? Was thinking of buying one....

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
And old, will the lantern attachment fit on the L2P or just the L2? Was thinking of buying one....

Lantern fits all L2's ...

The small L2 is what we call a L2micro ...
Mine is XP-E R2 with low current multi mode driver and forward clicky mod and runs full size 16340 [ protected even ] ..

To make one , you have to get a stock L2 , and separate the body [ used to be 2 part , dont know about now ] , the body was usually glued shut .. This one came about as I had a body that the glue failed to activate ...
I also removed the + spring from the pill and also filed of the front of the reflector rim .. Every mm of internal space counts with the L2micro ..
The forward clicky mod increases the space in the tailcap ..

Used the Romisen Forward clicky sold at Shinningbeam.com

L2micro is a very nice pocket light ... Though not the smallest RCR123A light , it is the smallest L2

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Solarforce L2x .... Its not uncomfortable to hold at all , unless you use a real tight grip , then the blocks will dig into your hand ..

Use a gentle grip , and it's like it was glued to your hand ... :hitit:

Tuikku

Enlightened
An opening post from me to this thread...

I have a problem - I lack a decent "bigger light".
With a words big light, I mean a light capable of housing an 18650 or two.

As I dont´exactly know, what kind of bigger light would be optimal, I though a P60 host could be the answer, as it can be alternated to different uses.

Solarforce, mmmm:cool:
Looks quite tasty, price is more suitable for n00b and testing-if-I-like-or-not.
Quality/price seems to be good.

But:
what should I get for a drop-in?
I have R2 in my itp as EDC, I´m hoping that my first "bigger light" would do a bit higher lumens.

I´m quite sure to get basic L2 host. Maybe with clip.
Do you recommend HAIII host or just basic HAII?
Can you add lenght to L2 by simply adding a 18650 extension tube?

Thanks! :wave:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
An opening post from me to this thread...

I have a problem - I lack a decent "bigger light".
With a words big light, I mean a light capable of housing an 18650 or two.

As I dont´exactly know, what kind of bigger light would be optimal, I though a P60 host could be the answer, as it can be alternated to different uses.

Solarforce, mmmm:cool:
Looks quite tasty, price is more suitable for n00b and testing-if-I-like-or-not.
Quality/price seems to be good.

But:
what should I get for a drop-in?
I have R2 in my itp as EDC, I´m hoping that my first "bigger light" would do a bit higher lumens.

I´m quite sure to get basic L2 host. Maybe with clip.
Do you recommend HAIII host or just basic HAII?
Can you add lenght to L2 by simply adding a 18650 extension tube?

Thanks! :wave:

If you get the 3 - 8.4v pill , you can run many variations ...
Yes L2 with 18650 extension works with 8.4v pill ..

More light ? MC-E or SSC P7 but they are 4.2v ... 1 x 18650

Tuikku

Enlightened
If you get the 3 - 8.4v pill , you can run many variations ...
Yes L2 with 18650 extension works with 8.4v pill ..

More light ? MC-E or SSC P7 but they are 4.2v ... 1 x 18650

Thanks!

Ordered black L2, did not take extension for now...
I´m thinking SSC P7. I have a small light with SST-90, this time preferring a bit less floodier. Possibly SST-50 or P7.
Hoping to post up something soon :thumbsup:

Trancersteve

Newly Enlightened
70853503.jpg

Not too impressed with the anodizing on the above L2r, it was used around 15 hrs in total on a 4 night camping trip, it wasn't wrapped in cotton wool but was treated well.

Yet already I can see flaking! As evident in the photograph :tsk:

Last edited:

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you guys think it's worth it to get the HAIII versions? Just how good are the normal and upgraded anodizing? On ebay it's 10 bucks vs 20 bucks.

Superorb

Enlightened
Do you guys think it's worth it to get the HAIII versions? Just how good are the normal and upgraded anodizing? On ebay it's 10 bucks vs 20 bucks.
I'd rather have two of them than one of them, plus the regular anodizing is decent on mine. If the light gets used it's going to show some wear.

pae77

Enlightened
Of the regular anodizing ones, I really like the HAII silver (or gun metal, or gray as it is sometimes called). I have the L2r in that color/finish and I really like the color, look and feel of it, and the one I have has held up very well so far.

I also have the L2P in black, which has the HAIII anodizing, and that is a very nice matte finish whereas the HAII finishes are shiny.

With the exception of the silver (gray, gunmetal) HAII, I think it is worth it to get the L2P with the HAIII finish. Also that model can table stand (i.e., do candlestick mode) with its stock switch which is important to me. Just that alone is worth the extra cost, imo, but the finish is nice too. Also, the bezel with the slighter crenelation on the L2P is nicer, imo.

Last edited:

OKWalker

Newly Enlightened
Question, it's hard for me to tell by looking at pictures, but which is the best tailcap to turn a Solarforce L2P into a tailstanding light? S3, S4, or S5?

Thanks.

pae77

Enlightened
I don't know which of those switches will do it but just wanted to point out that the L2P already tail stands with its stock switch.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Question, it's hard for me to tell by looking at pictures, but which is the best tailcap to turn a Solarforce L2P into a tailstanding light? S3, S4, or S5?

Thanks.

L2P can tailstand. L2-S6 would be suited for the L2P as the other tailcaps are bigger in diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.