Shredded receipts, etc - recycling or landfill

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbs

That wouldn't have worked for me....I had two medium sized garbage bags full of shredding to dispose of.
Apparently I need to work on my procrastination habit....but I'll do that later.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Funny you should mention that.

My wife has a 'shred bucket' ( a tall kitchen garbage can) that she throws receipts and such into. It's tucked out of sight so I never see it. I happened across it last week and saw it was full.

After 30 minutes, the shredder dies. It's over heated and the thermal protection circuit has tripped. I had to fasten computer case fans to the vents to air cool it, and take a 10 minute break after filling each 5 gallon plastic bag.

To make long story short... 3 hours to shred almost 3 years of reciepts, credit card solicitations and other such crap.

11 bags later....

By coincidence, our garbage company delivered a nice new 40 gallon recycling bin this week.

Thanks to this thread, that's where the last 4 bags will go, after transferring to paper bags.

Daniel

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work in a printing company so recycling paper is no problem. All my junk mail goes there for recycling and sensitive info gets burned.