• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Shrinking Aleph 2 Question

MicroE

Enlightened
I would like to shrink my Aleph 2 to the smallest size possible with a CR2 tube and a flat top 2-stage switch.

Which parts do I need to order from the Shoppe?
The Shoppe lists an "Aleph Flat Tailcap", but do I need to buy the actual switch separately?
Any help would be great!---Marc

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I don't know how the shop has the parts set up but the Flat Top as well as the new modified cap that uses flat membrane do require a different version of the switch guts. The button is much shorter and the main body has been shortened into a "trigger switch" configuration. Both styles use the same springs as well as resistor PCB's.

MicroE

Enlightened
Don---I hate to bother you prior to Maui. I figured that Bernhard or Chop or Darrell or somebody else could handle this.
I don't see the guts for the flat top in the shop. As far as I can tell there is only one version of the switch guts and it is titled "McE2S LOTC two stage switch DIY Kit".
---Marc

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Marc ... thanx for the confidence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... but Bernhard certainly can't handle anything technical /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif ...
I know though that the guts of the FT-Tailcap are smaller and different to the Standard, at least some parts are.
bernhard

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the shoppe is showing the flat top switch, then they must have the module to go along with it. Post something in the Shoppe's forum and I'm sure that Wayne will clear things up.

Sorry that I can't give you a better answer than that, but I don't stock the modules for the flat top switch. When I need one, I make one out of a standard module. It's just one more part that I don't have to stock.

Latest posts