Sigma Customs: Corvus

Stoneking

Enlightened
A hand full have been delivered but they're the ones from the FB group.
There are 31 spots on the FB List and 10 Spots on the CPF List.
Maybe 5-10 have gone out in almost 2 years.
I remember being on the very first Sigma Customs List, after maybe a year it was dropped with 10 or 15 spots unfulfilled, with zero notification. Unfortunately I was one of the dropped.
I'll stay on this list but I'm fully aware and 100 percent certain I will never see this light.
I understand this list is free to be on and I lose nothing if these lights aren't made. It is, however, extremely frustrating to follow along with a project and asked about what options we all want along the way for nothing to come of it.

Sigma should just do drops or auctions in my opinion. He truly is an artist, brilliant with designing, machining and building lights. But absolutely awful with updates and commitments.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
But absolutely awful with updates and commitments.

Assuming he still has access to equipment and materials --I think he's like all the other one-off custom makers.
They have other jobs and just do this if and when they get inspired to do it.
From what I've heard he machines these by hand, not by CNC.
I'm not taking up for him...just saying that I imagine he doesn't feel the little profit isn't worth the time.

I once sold 5 lights and had 30 people PM'ing me for more.
I ended up shipping out 2 because it just wasn't worth the time to me.
So I get it.

Stoneking

Enlightened
I'm not taking up for him...just saying that I imagine he doesn't feel the little profit isn't worth the time.

I can completely understand that. And I'm sure he has plenty of other things in life way more important than machining lights.
It is just very frustrating, build up this idea, get everyone on board, provide multiple updates and then just don't deliver on your commitment and go radio silent. Things happen, life happens… My biggest issue is this is not the first time.

I could be so wrong, all of these lights may actually be built. But being realistic, in my opinion, they won't. Not all of them anyways.

At this point I'm just curious as to when this project gets dropped and will I be on the abandoned list again?

Honestly in the future just make smaller lists, instead of 40+ maybe get down to 5 and see where it goes. Less frustration.

Or don't be so good at building lights.

Last edited:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Afternoon everyone, due to changed circumstances and lack of progress I am abandoning the lists here and on FB. Being manually machined and lacking large swathes of time to machine, I am no longer able to fulfill a large list and will be switching back to lotto sales via my Facebook group, Sigma Customs.

Stoneking

Enlightened
I would never have guessed…
200.gif