Silly FluPIC question

Sable

Enlightened
Hey,

I have a question. It's a silly, silly question, but I have it anyway.

How does the UI on a FluPIC work? I keep hearing about "user-selectable brightness" and I'm not getting how that works. :) I know that the FluPic board itself is a converter/regulator for multimode LED flashlights...

I'd also like to know if there's something out there that can have a pattern like so:

When the power button on the light is pressed, the light comes on (like any single-stage light). When the button is pressed again, it turns off (like any single-stage light.). HOWEVER, if the brightness needs to be changed while the light is on, there is some mechanism to do that (Press and hold, or something?), to change the brightness (Useful for an LED screamer that you wind up having to use on blazing-bright mode for longer than you thought) on the fly. Then, when the light is turned off (Press the switch and let it go?), the light turns off. And when it comes back on again, it's back at the "original" level, before any brightness adjustments were made.

Sorry if this is a "Nooby McNooberson from Noobsville" question, but it's driving me insane. :)

Thanks CPF!

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
That kind of interface is not available on a simple switch and simple on/off light. You would need a momentary type switch in a specialized light.

Sable

Enlightened
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'd deal with a momentary switch kind of thing for a UI like that. Probably start getting pretty pricey, though...ah well. The price of perfection is high! :)

Norm

Retired Administrator
On a light with a reverse clicky you can set the flupic up so the first two settings are any level 1-10 your choice, 3rd press and the light is on max. This is in mode 4 of the flupic (the mode I use), My light is set up with 1st setting level 5, 2nd setting level 1, and 3rd setting level 10 (you can't change this setting it will always be level 10) so I have med, low, high, strobe.
Norm