Single AA/AAA EDC light

lovenhim

Enlightened
Hello everyone. I am looking for a rather dim AA/AAA EDC light. Think 2/10/20 lumens here. I bought an Ultrafire U20 from Manafont and it is a nice light but too bright. My goals are:

reading a menu while out to eat
reading in bed
use as a candle when power goes out
long runtime
do not need bright, I have those lights
can not afford a $50 light, that is why I posted here
am a bit scared to buy from China sites because sometimes they mess up, but I will
can be clicky or twisty but prefer clicky
will be used for close up work, nothing more than a few feet

Kindle

Enlightened
The venerable Fenix E01 should fit your needs perfectly, <$15. It's a twisty not a clicky though.

For a clicky the Coast 7830 Mini Tac is very similar. It is also often the light you get when you send for Coast's 'free' (you still have to pay $3 or so for postage) light offer.

Last edited:

lovenhim

Enlightened
I will look in to this and thank you for the help. I was wondering when someone would give me an answer. LOL :) Keep them coming.

AmmoBox

Newly Enlightened
I have carried an ultrafire C3 with me for about 2 years now.

It's been ran over by a car, dropped onto concrete from 10+ feet, went swimming with me in the lake, and my kids play with it in the bathtub often. (I added an o-ring on the lens)

It takes a AA or 14500. Very good light imo. Some of them require a little cleaning or tightening up.

I recently bought a Romisen MXDL RC-G2 for my papaw, he loves it and its almost as bright using 1 AA as my ultrafire C3 is on 14500. The Romisen is also more well built (imo) but its also a bit larger.

Cypher_Aod

Enlightened
The HA NatIII Maratac AA is a lot of light for $30.50. I've been carrying one for a couple years and I think the build quality is very high for the price. At 1.5lm for 100 hours, 18lm for 7 hours and 85lm for 2 hours I find it very useful. Like most 1xAA lights, it is a twisty.

http://www.countycomm.com/AAWORLDSMALLEST.html

That (or it's close relative, the iTP EOS A2) would be my recommendation too. 1.5 lumens for AGES and the availability of a whopping 85 for when you need it.