Single Mode Forward Clicky 1x CR123 light

Burncycle

A little backstory...

I purchased a Surefire E2D a long time ago and realized my quark mini 123 smoked it. So I ended up spending more money on a Veleno designs drop in LED (which I'm really happy with!) for the Surefire and now with the better part of $200 sunk into it, the E2D is as bright as my Mini 123... which is a lot of money just to have on par performance with a tiny single CR123 light!

So now both lights are nearly the same perceived brightness, spill, and hotspot, and they both have about a 1 hour runtime, yet with the Surefire I'm burning through twice the batteries! :sick2:

I'm looking for a mix of the qualities of these two lights... ideally:

-Dependable (I have a Quark AA tactical too, but it and my mini 123, while great as task lights, have had some reliability quirks for me)
-Single CR123, Single mode, tail clicky
-Similar brightness and runtime (around 200 lumens, 1 hour or better)

I guess the ideal solution would be a Surefire E1E with the Mini 123's emitter and power management lol... but I doubt those exist :p

I'm open to other brands of course (as well as assembling my own from hosts) but foremost I'm definitely looking for a light that just works. Not overly concerned with cost but I'd like to stay under $150 if at all possible.

Regards!

enomosiki

Actually, E2DL's been tested to put out 210 OTF lumens with a rather flat regulation for around 100 minutes, whereas Mini 123 will start off at 180 OTF lumens and have a sag in its output throughout its runtime. E2DL will reach 50% output after around 110 minutes, while Mini 123 will get there at around 60 minutes.

CPF-E2DLruntime.jpg
SS-2009.12.12-22.23.31.png

Anyway, if you still wish to upgrade, I suggest getting the Quark X AA² Tactical low voltage head attached to a CR123A tube, and run it on primary 3V CR123A. You can expect burst output of around 400 lumens at max before ramp down in that configuration.

And keep the AA tube from your XP-G Quark as a spare carrier. You never know when you will come across situations where you won't have access to additional CR123As.

I never had any problems with my Quarks. They're my favorite secondary lights.

Burncycle

That clarifies things, thanks for the explanation and tips, I'll look into the Quark low voltage head

Latest posts