Skilhunt H02 RGBW + Colour Spectrum

James3

Enlightened
So I put a Dr. Jones RGBW driver with XML colour led into a skilhunt h02, turned out great, lots of pics below

Driver modes:

Colour cycle
cycles forward through the chromatic circle (red>yellow>green>cyan>blue>purple>red>...

White - ramping up and down

Simple modes and blinkies
red -- green -- blue -- EU yellow warning strobe -- EU blue emergency vehicle strobe -- US red/blue police strobe -- wild color strobe. T switches off.

Full RGBW mode
This mode lets you change every die's brightness individually, so you can mix every possible colour.

Lockout

Battery level indicator
This mode also has 2 sub-modes, one displays the voltage simply as a color: 4.5V-white, 4.0V-blue, 3.5V-green, 3.0V-red, intermediate colors for intermediate voltages. The other mode indicates the voltage by blinking; red for whole volts, green for tenths, blue for hundredths, e.g. 3*red, 6*green, 2*blue means 3.62V. [/COLOR]
All of the above modes have their own memory, they'll start with the settings used last time?

Measure cell capacity

This driver can measure the cell's capacity (in Ah) and stored energy (in Wh) with a load of 700mA down to 2.9V. Insert a full cell, activate this mode. It will then run for a few hours till the cell is drained and go into sleep mode. Press the button and it will tell the capacity and energy in blinks like the battery indicator above, i.e. a short white pre-blink to indicate capacity readout, 2*red, 5*green, 1*blue -> 2.51 Ah (= 2510 mAh), then a green pre-blink to indicate energy, then 8*red, 4*green, 7*blue -> 8.47 Wh. Can be repated by another tap. Exit this mode by changing the battery.

Measure internal resistance
(including contact resistances

This mode allows to measure the internal resistance of the cell, but including the contact resistances. It will light up for ~10s, pause, and then show the resistance by some blinks in mOhm, e.g. 1*red, 7*green, 2*blue -> 172 mOhm. The measurement is repeated over and over, T to switch off.[/COLOR]

MG][/IMG]
imagejpg3_zps0abf07d3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg5_zpsabd1ebfe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
imagejpg4_zpsd87e91d4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg2_zps6d0697b6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg7_zpsf5d93662.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg8_zpse460caed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg10_zps18f22b0c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg9_zps7d1c7a2a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

James3

Enlightened
Looks interesting. Can you change the output level of each color?

Yes, you can control each colour brightness individually and also mix colours with different brightness, eg white 100% and red 20%

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty cool! Nice pictures too. I had a chance a while back to build a light with specific color outputs. Lots of fun.

I almost wish I had a use for such a thing so I had an excuse to own one!

James3

Enlightened
It doesn't get boring! I like messing with the different colours, I use it for work, mainly the flashing modes, but white is easily accessible from off so it works great, the colour spectrum is just a bonus for me!

highlandsun

Enlightened
Ah I wish I'd seen this before I bought the other drivers. But 1 question - which flashlights have "electronic switches" ? I'm guessing the clicky switch in my Convoy S2+ isn't?

James3

Enlightened
Ah I wish I'd seen this before I bought the other drivers. But 1 question - which flashlights have "electronic switches" ? I'm guessing the clicky switch in my Convoy S2+ isn't?

No, you need a momentary e-switch, some convoys have them, most don't

skilhunt is probably the best for this driver due to the 90 degree head