Sky Lumen Delta PRE-ORDER

OnlyownEnergizer250lumen

Anyone else have outdoor beam shots of the Oslon Delta? Seen a couple here, but fewer than I’d like to really get an understanding of this light’s capabilities, especially in comparison to other similar sized throwers.

Possibly someone has a GTminiVN, u22vn, CATvn, or D1Svn with outdoor side-by-side beam comparisons vs the Oslon Delta?

OnlyownEnergizer250lumen

‘Best’ is very subjective. If you strictly mean throw distance to size using a typical reflector (not aspheric/zoomie) then yes. But ‘small’ is also subjective.

You cant go wrong with this light though, regardless.

trailhunter

This the best small thrower to order right now? Also looking for beam videos, they are not that common.
It's a nice light, very underrated light. I bought one based on Vinhs recommendation to a mini gt oslon, I had to pay more but def worth it!

OnlyownEnergizer250lumen

I received my Delta today! Awesome awesome awesome! Haven’t taken it outdoors yet, but seeing the center hotspot on a white wall vs the old MH20GT is just... no words.

I do have one major gripe however, that I didn’t imagine would bother me prior to owning this light. The donut-like corona that surrounds the main hotspot is very unpleasant/distracting. Perhaps if the corona was an even flat layer, it wouldn’t be a problem. But because it’s super intense hotspot -> weak donut -> sharp outer edge of donut -> weak spill, the ring is a bit bothersome on a white wall. I know it won’t be visible outdoors past 50m or so, but it will probably get 50% or more of its use indoors unfortunately.

More than ever do I desire to have an oslon thrower with zero corona, merely hotspot to weak spill sounds heavenly! What type of reflector/setup is needed for such a thing?

Tomorrow I’ll plan to take it outdoors and have some real fun!

Even more intriguing is the beam pattern of triple/quad/xxxx osram white lights... If an ROT66vn can get past 250k+ lux (or anything under 50mm head) I think that form factor / beam will be my next purchase!

twistedraven

ROT66 with SST20 LEDs makes for a huge-broad hotspot with minimal spill and really no corona to speak of. ROT66 with The White Flats in it will probably make for a less huge, but still very large hotspot, with very little spill and also no corona. The larger optics in the D4S make for a smaller hotspot with large corona, I don't like it quite as much.

With reflectors, what you want to look for to have a light with minimal corona and large hotspot, is a reflector that's shallow and wide. The Catapult V6 with the XHP35 HI makes for very little corona and a filled hotspot. The Manker U23 with the Black Flat will probably do something similar. You get a third the output, but the same throw distance, smaller size, and better heatsinking.