• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Delta PRE-ORDER

flybird

Newly Enlightened
Does Unprotected battery give better performance on OSLON Delta ? Thanks.

Icehole

Enlightened
Wow, just wow!
I finally got to play with this tonight.
My favorite light.
Small, and throws like a laser.

Well done!

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, just wow!
I finally got to play with this tonight.
My favorite light.
Small, and throws like a laser.

Well done!

I had a chance to get outside with mine last night as well. PHENOMENAL!

It is definitely a throwing machine. I never expected it too throw as far as it does. And the reports are true about the Oslon cool white, it's actually pretty nice. And I prefer neutral / warm tints. I would say Oslon is the perfect thrower tint.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recent owner of this light, bought one from vinhn a few weeks ago. Low lying clouds was a good throw test. The delta made a tight spot on the clouds, my stock blf gt barely kissing the cloud. I'd have to say this out throws the blf gt.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recent owner of this light, bought one from vinhn a few weeks ago. Low lying clouds was a good throw test. The delta made a tight spot on the clouds, my stock blf gt barely kissing the cloud. I'd have to say this out throws the blf gt.

This is nowhere near the BLF GT. :confused:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is nowhere near the BLF GT. :confused:
Ok I may be exaggerating but the delta is a shade lower than the gt
c872bbf5f00d01732dd9872102c2b6e9.jpg
1c52d05184b27e35a58cc4920332c6c4.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Delta is about 1/2 the intensity and may be 1/3 the lumen but its like 1/10 the size. I ordered a HUGE batch of Deltas and now I only have like 4 left. One of the best thrower for the size ever.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Delta is about 1/2 the intensity and may be 1/3 the lumen but its like 1/10 the size. I ordered a HUGE batch of Deltas and now I only have like 4 left. One of the best thrower for the size ever.
Yep, and fraction of the weight. No reason to keep the GT (at least in stock form) when the delta can almost meet it.

I need to get the gt to gtvn v2

Nokoff

Enlightened

Which has more of a tight pencil-like beam, the delta or the U22vn? Delta has a tighter beam.

I like how the U22 is smaller in the hand yet seems to throw nearly as well, and mostly I'm looking for that tight beam and minimal spill.
U22vn is nice. I do prefer SST40 HD in this light though.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which has more of a tight pencil-like beam, the delta or the U22vn? Delta has a tighter beam.

I like how the U22 is smaller in the hand yet seems to throw nearly as well, and mostly I'm looking for that tight beam and minimal spill.
U22vn is nice. I do prefer SST40 HD in this light though.
Is the SST40 a heat generator though co.pared to Oslon?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's your take on this light @Newlumen?

Great light.. beam is intense and lots of throw.. i was shining at the reflector sign as far as .70 miles. Crazy.. 26650 is perfect and get longer runtime.

We are lucky vinh was able to offer this olson led in this light..

i am not a modder.. mounting this olson led on the board is not easy.. you have to be very precise to sit the led on the mcpcb, and then tune the beam.. as far as i know, vinh is the guy who can do such things.

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh you are now down to 3.

Kudos to Trailhunter for those shots that sold me on it! Commission? Cha Ching lol.
Sweet!

Vinh, I'll take a gtvn v2 as part of commission overnight delivery thannnnksss. ;)

@Nokoff, welcome back from hibernation! been 5-6 years, were you still a flashoholic during that disappearance. What brings ya back?

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great light.. beam is intense and lots of throw.. i was shining at the reflector sign as far as .70 miles. Crazy.. 26650 is perfect and get longer runtime.

We are lucky vinh was able to offer this olson led in this light..

i am not a modder.. mounting this olson led on the board is not easy.. you have to be very precise to sit the led on the mcpcb, and then tune the beam.. as far as i know, vinh is the guy who can do such things.
Very interesting! The oslon is so tiny compared to all others, in moonlight it looks like a pixel from a monitor :) I wish I jumped on the sale, I paid ~40 more but still worth it.

Nokoff

Enlightened
Sweet!

Vinh, I'll take a gtvn v2 as part of commission overnight delivery thannnnksss. ;)

@Nokoff, welcome back from hibernation! been 5-6 years, were you still a flashoholic during that disappearance. What brings ya back?

It's really great to step away and come back and see what's new. The vibe of this hobby is still one of great enjoyment and camaraderie.

I sold some off however still enjoying my favorite ones such as my m@g Hotwire I built, SF Skyline I, Masterpiece, Ultrafire WF1300L, Tiablo S9 Aspherical, even a TN31Vn....it's amazing how well they hold up and still manage to impress friends! ...though the new stuff is just incredible! I feel the need now to see in person just what they can do.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's really great to step away and come back and see what's new. The vibe of this hobby is still one of great enjoyment and camaraderie.

I sold some off however still enjoying my favorite ones such as my m@g Hotwire I built, SF Skyline I, Masterpiece, Ultrafire WF1300L, Tiablo S9 Aspherical, even a TN31Vn....it's amazing how well they hold up and still manage to impress friends! ...though the new stuff is just incredible! I feel the need now to see in person just what they can do.
Word, welcome to the future, the Emisar D4S is a hot item right now as well, hoping my D4Svn will show up tomorrow. Check out the BLF GT, the GT mini if you haven't yet come across those yet.

I too was on a hiatus from 2015 and came back to see what's floating about and went on a shopping spree.