Sky lumen Max Z

Wurkkos

cheey85

does anyone own Max Z? i would like to know more details of this light. what battery does it take? any beam shots if anyone can provide will be nice. hopefully this is right place to post this kind of question.. if not sorry in advance !

wimmer21

CPF Supporter
I don't have it but I've almost ordered it several times... probably will eventually.

The 90K lux throw with Ahorton Lens... No spill for reduced lighting distractions is right up my alley.

wimmer21

CPF Supporter
Well I'll be darned... the description doesn't identify the required cell. Well someone who knows will come along in a minute.

My first thought was 18650 but it almost looks too small for that... I dunno :tired:

wimmer21

CPF Supporter
does anyone own Max Z? i would like to know more details of this light. what battery does it take?

Well someone who knows will come along in a minute.

Or maybe not. I guess one of us will have to bother the boss and ask what battery this thing takes.

So do you mind doing it... I mean just in case he gets irritated? I'd rather not do anything that might diminish my chances of getting another Fiat Lux. I'm collecting... you understand.

cheey85

Or maybe not. I guess one of us will have to bother the boss and ask what battery this thing takes.

So do you mind doing it... I mean just in case he gets irritated? I'd rather not do anything that might diminish my chances of getting another Fiat Lux. I'm collecting... you understand.

i just sent PM to vinh if i get answer back i will post here !

wimmer21

CPF Supporter
Did you really? I was just messing around.

But yeah I am interested to know. It's a Sky Lumen original anyway so I'm thinking it's a must have for any V54 collection.

defbear

I have a Sky Lumen E14 219c and a ToolVn XPL V6 6000k. Both are astonishing (to me) lights. This MaxZ looks Fun. I've been looking at it for a while. I would like to see a beam shot also. So I just ordered one :) This means you will be hearing from me later.

cheey85

I have a Sky Lumen E14 219c and a ToolVn XPL V6 6000k. Both are astonishing (to me) lights. This MaxZ looks Fun. I've been looking at it for a while. I would like to see a beam shot also. So I just ordered one :) This means you will be hearing from me later.

Nice I am looking forward to see some beam shot from you

defbear

I received the Max Z light. I'm a bit nervous about the battery direction. There is a spring in the Head side and then on the tailswitch is a long button, also on a spring. Usually for me, its minus end is on the spring and plus on a button or protrusion. The driver is marked V54 but not plus or minus. I do not know if this light is reverse battery protected. I assume it is but you know how assumptions go. I have emailed Vihn.

defbear

Positive towards the head :) I have a Malkoff MDC that goes the other way. Interesting. This is not a wall hunter. The Head telescopes in and out to focus the beam. Dark at a Distance should be fun tonight.

cheey85

2 Lens included
General purpose lens for medium throw and wide spill
Ahorton Lens designed for max throw and narrow spill

thanks for sharing information, i didnt think that it was zoom in and out flashlight since the above description said that you will get to lens with light.
interesting...