• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen 2nd Run?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
been thinking about what to run in this. My thinking is to keep it simply and utterly reliable. Thinking my malkoff Warm M361😁

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm trying to get a feel for the size of this thing. In one picture it looks about normal size and in another it looks like a Pringles can. Anyone got a picture of one like next to a 6P or MD2 size light?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I wear size L latex gloves.

Attachments

• BC21A1E8-C762-4580-BB11-6DE8E4954FBD.jpeg
    BC21A1E8-C762-4580-BB11-6DE8E4954FBD.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 109

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Thank you my friend. That's not as big as I was thinking. Is a Malkoff's a straight Dropin deal or is any wrapping required?

Zandar

Enlightened
USA made/production is usually slower and move from shop to shop for a single project. EVERYTHING is TOO expensive.
China made/production is usually lighting quick and all done in house at one shop. Crazy cheap prices! Allow the whole world to have toys.

It's obvious that China has wildly stepped up their game with excellent quality products while still maintaining great prices.

I gotta admit I am proud a American and I try my best to support USA made products whenever I can. But sometimes its hard...SLN if made in China would likely be 2 - 3 times less. But...I refuse to have this light made anywhere else beside USA (Australia is also a cheaper alternative) so we went back to the drawing board and design the SLT for a more budget friendly alternative.

In all honestly the SLN is one of the best quality light I have ever handled. The machining, materials, and finishes just feel special that most other lights does not match. I am obviously bias so take that for what its worth. :)
Biased, yes but as a SLN owner, I have to say that it is indeed one of the best quality lights that I have ever owned! And it's saved my life, how many times now my friend?

Zandar

Enlightened
"Biased" , yes, how could you not be? But as a SLN owner, I have to say that it is indeed one of the best lights that I own and I'm a little "biased", since if it wasn't for you and your dad designing this, "life saving light", I wouldn't be here today!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
You should have a signature color. Like fire red or harvest green or whatever color you like. Raw and black are still cool.
Cerakote is always an option for fancy colors.

Clear and back are of course the strongest.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my thought, for what it's worth. Let people know where it is made and let them make the decision on whether they buy it or not. I like to buy American made products too, but sometimes it's just not worth the price difference. Just my opinion though. Personally, I already have the SLN and I'm sure I'll get one of the new "tactical" ones too. Cheaper means I could get more then one though hehe.