- Sep 14, 2010
SLN Torture Tests
Project Genesis - Sky Lumen Nguyen Build Thread
Proto V3 Testing Sample Specs & Background:
- Unpotted light engine - Let's see if driver can take the hits
- Proto V3 is made of 6061 Aluminum not 7075 Aluminum: Not as tough as 7075 but a bit better heat sinking.
- First run of 30 lights will be 7075. 2nd run of 30 will likely be 2011.
- Testing light engine will be a Quad White 2 + DriverVN4 + FS54 + Copper Retainer. Set to a simple 2 level for function check.
- Dual Orings on both ends of the body installed
- Triple Orings on body installed
- heavy Duty 2.25mm thick Blue boot installed
- NO-OX-ID electrical conductive lube over all Orings except for the 3 on body
- Dual side Antireflective 3mm tempered glass
- Optional suspension flat oring behind glass installed
- Standard matte Ti pocket clip. Screws and clip glued in place.
- HA III finished. Production body parts will be sandblasted before HA III over for uniform look & gold alodyned over threads to prevent corrosion.
- Clicky tail cap + standard head installed
- Manker 21700 5000mAh Protected
- Loaded weight 11.5oz
- 135.mmm Long
- Head & Body 33.4mm thick
- Tail cap with clip 39.3mm thick
Test 1: Bucket Water Dunk
Test 2: High Water Pressure
Test 3: Corvette Drive Over
Test 4: Before Test Recap
Test 4: F150 Drive Over
Test 5: Heat Test
Test 6: Chemical Resistance
Test 7: Heat Test 2 - 4000L High Drain Samsung 30T
Test 8: Subzero
Test 9: Boiling Point
Test 10: Impact
Test 11: How to Kill SLN?
Before Test Images - Production light will look a bit different ;-)