• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Flashlight Torture Tests Videos

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
;-)

14VcUOw.png

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Haha!!! This is just awesome!!!! I can't wait until this is reality. So flipping cool!

So much going on. I work like 12H+ a day and less than 6 hour sleep daily. Not that I don't have time to sleep but I just cant sleep...have to reply on melatonin to sleep. This is one of the most exciting time in my life.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Well that's super neat, about how excited you are! However, I'll be praying that your work to sleep ratio returns to normal sooner rather than later.;)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
polarweiß
"The water protects the light from the cold. You should put it in without water bottle around it."

Sky Lumen
Everything that sit in the freezer will eventually reach a somewhat similar temp, in our case, below zero. The light sat in the freezer long enough for the water to freeze around it and some more. I have no reason to believe the light can get any colder than it is or sitting in the freezer several more hours would make a difference in the outcome. Would be ideal to let the light sit for a week but battery wont likely last that long. On top of this if the light wan't surround with ice how could I prove the light even sat in the freezer for any length of time and whether or not subzero temps changes the Orings and rubber boot properties enough for water penetration?"

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I had no worries on the freeze test. I was wondering about the boot on the boil test, but no problem!

I'm really looking forward to the impact tests because they feel very, "real world."

CLB

Newly Enlightened
Exciting times indeed, Vinh! I apologize if you have answered this question before, but do you plan to offer the first batch of lights to customers in the order in which we posted our interest in the Project Genesis thread (or via direct emails), or will it be first come, first served? Thanks. Oh, and if you do not have a chronological interest list and would like to, I would be happy to volunteer to compile it.

Chuck

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Exciting times indeed, Vinh! I apologize if you have answered this question before, but do you plan to offer the first batch of lights to customers in the order in which we posted our interest in the Project Genesis thread (or via direct emails), or will it be first come, first served? Thanks. Oh, and if you do not have a chronological interest list and would like to, I would be happy to volunteer to compile it.

Chuck

I am not really sure yet. Would u guys prefer for me to launch the sale here so u guys can post to pick desire serial first or start it on my store where u can select the serial and checkout as well there? Due to the steep price of the light I dont expect stiff competition so may be it doesnt matter where we do it.

I guess we can vote on it.

Last edited:

Zandar

Enlightened
vinh, Can I just say wow! Your tests prove that, even with the lower grade of Aluminium, you have already built one of the strongest flashlights ever made! I would just like my $400 flashlight to have "V54" in the serial number!

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
vinh, Can I just say wow! Your tests prove that, even with the lower grade of Aluminium, you have already built one of the strongest flashlights ever made! I would just like my $400 flashlight to have "V54" in the serial number!

That would actually be a really cool serial number prefix, SN V54-001 through V54-030, or however many (hopefully more!) you decide to make.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Thank You!

I will still hand sign "V54" for anyone that still wants it :)

Keitho

Enlightened
I am not really sure yet. Would u guys prefer for me to launch the sale here so u guys can post to pick desire serial first or start it on my store where u can select the serial and checkout as well there? Due to the steep price of the light I dont expect stiff competition so may be it doesnt matter where we do it.

I guess we can vote on it.

My vote is for you to keep it easy on yourself, Vinh. If you can set up an easy way to do it on your store (pre-order or something of the sort), then I'd say go for it. Others have used coupon codes or PM in the forum to help use their online stores to sell to the "general public" at a standard price, and a discounted price to fans in the forum. But, whatever works best for you is my vote--I want you working on my next light rather than doing bookkeeping!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Ok so here is how I plan to do it.
I will have every available serial number ready to order on my store.
Grab the serial you want and check out ASAP. This secure you the SLN host.
Come back and add a light engine to cart afterwards when you have more time to decide what you want it to be.
First 30 will be 7075 for sure
Serial 1-24 will be Black HA III
Serial 25-30 will be hand mirror polished and clear anodized
More info when we are nearly there

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hope I'm lucky enough to grab one of the 7075 ones either way. Sounds good Vinh, on the edge of my seat for this one!

Good news is shop told me 2011 type aluminum will be cheaper. If I had to take a wild guess may be $25-$50 due to cheaper machining and cost of materials. But we will see. 7075 might be so amazing that its worth the extra cost. We will find out.