• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

Patriot

Flashaholic
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Patriot
So, we reserve the serial number here with a forum post and then check out at Sky Lumen... Correct!
UNLESS we buy one from Illumn.com... in which case we reserve the serial here and then purchase it at Illumn? No. I am going to send the raw ones to Illumn. I got no clue how they will sell it.

If that's the case, does it ship from him or from you? Ships from Illumn.

Okay.... so is he going to coordinate the SLN sales launch with you or is he free to sell them 2 days early, 2 weeks late or never, if he doesn't want to? I got no clue. I am going to seend them to him tomorrow and he will sell it however he wants.

Obviously, with only 3 clear anodized available, There are 5 for sale actually. Illumn gets 26, 28,29,30. I get 25 for sale here. Saving 27 for Phuong because both of us coincidentally guess the number during the unboxing video. Also the 27th is the day we got married.

timing is huge and since there wasn't any hint of this mentioned earlier, I just want to make sure I'm asking the right questions so that I don't bugger things up.

Thank you, Vinh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patriot

Flashaholic
"There are 5 for sale actually."

...Well, 3 clear anodized, I meant. Yes, two more raw.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
"There are 5 for sale actually."

...Well, 3 clear anodized, I meant. Yes, two more raw.

Decided to keep Serial 25-30 Raw for this round. Raw is just very nice. I will deal with other finishes in the next run.

Last edited:

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
Decided to keep Serial 25-30 Raw for this round. Raw is just very nice. I will deal with other finishes in the next run.

Can't blame you for that, those looked incredible in the video, such a nice polish straight from the factory!

Last edited by a moderator:

CLB

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the initial run is sold out. Not sold out. Haven't even "started" ;-)

Vinh, does that mean only those of us with order numbers should post serial number requests tomorrow? Ordering on Sky Lumen right now only gets you a SLN light of random serial. You must post here to reserve specific serial. Run 2 will follow Run1 back to back so do not worry about stock

OK, I'm confused. The website says the SLN bodies are sold out. Is that incorrect?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
FYI
- The standard single 21700 body, Standard head, and Clicky tail cap can only be had with the main runs. There will not be spares available (at least not anytime soon).
- I will release a separate Diving bezel only (and may be other bezel options), Twisty tail cap only, and 4*21700 body only down the road when I recoup some funds.
- First 30 is 7075 as we know. I have not decided on the next 30 but chances are it will be 7075 too after I saw how nice it is in person.
- Raw aluminum oxidize. I got no clue how it will look in the future without a coating but I suspect one will enjoy the natural color shift anyway. Future re-polished is easy and you may send it in for this in the future if you must have your light shinny.
- The host and the light engine is all you need to have a operational light. Everything else is included although I would recommend a spare ORings package.
- I will eventually add specs to the popular light engines.
- There are no limit to how many serial you can reserve. Just post all the serial you want ASAP. You might not get them all. However, please only post the serial you want or sure. Do not post 3 serial and then back out of 2 when you actually landed all three.

Last edited:
Wait what? 4x18650 body down the road? Like a stick, longways, end to end? Or popcan style? If you mean long ways, I don't understand why you wouldn't use 3x or 4x21700s rather than 18650s.

Unless you meant a 4 led emitter head (i.e. quads) with 18650 body?

Keitho

Enlightened
I'm thinking about the 12 LED mule P60vn--will that work with the way that the bezel is designed? I'm thinking that this host is hefty enough that it will keep 12 LED bright for a long time before getting too hot, but that big beefy bezel looks like it might interfere with a crowded mule circuit board.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wait what? 4x18650 body down the road? Like a stick, longways, end to end? Yes Or popcan style? If you mean long ways, I don't understand why you wouldn't use 3x or 4x21700s rather than 18650s. Its 21700. 18650 was a typo.

Unless you meant a 4 led emitter head (i.e. quads) with 18650 body?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking about the 12 LED mule P60vn--will that work with the way that the bezel is designed? I'm thinking that this host is hefty enough that it will keep 12 LED bright for a long time before getting too hot, but that big beefy bezel looks like it might interfere with a crowded mule circuit board.

A specific copper shell is made just for this 12 LED MCPCB. You will see :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Alright, now I really can't wait!

I would start thinking about what LEDs you want in it. I just found out about XPL 5000K V6 bin. 12 of these would likely be the brightest set up possible in a neutral tint.

Flash Foto

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to get 'raw polished #25 here. Can't wait. I prefer 5000k . Can you V54 engrave these ?
Will PayPal here @ 6pm Seattle time.

>>>I just added 1 Raw polished Serial 25 to my list of reservation. So I guess you can try to reserve it if you want. :)

Thank you Vinh.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to get 'raw polished #25 here. Can't wait. I prefer 5000k . Can you V54 engrave these ? Yes :)
Will PayPal here @ 6pm Seattle time. Okie. Just remember its tomorrow not tonight.

>>>I just added 1 Raw polished Serial 25 to my list of reservation. So I guess you can try to reserve it if you want. :)

Thank you Vinh.

mt62092

Newly Enlightened
Assuming most of us don't get one of the first batch. What do you see as a rough estimate for the rest of us. Are you going to do an order based on the pre-orders? Awesome light by the way.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Assuming most of us don't get one of the first batch. What do you see as a rough estimate for the rest of us. Are you going to do an order based on the pre-orders? Awesome light by the way.

I am run 2 for sure. So there will be 60 serial for sure. I will confirm if serial 31-60 metal type and finishes after this Sale/Reservation. Both runs are back to back so the wait time is very low.