• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hand polished kick up the shine another notch!

nzgCiXg.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
26, 28, 29, & 30 are now out of my hands. I decided to hand polish them all for extra bling. :)
vKenAZm.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If anyone need a P60vn W1.1 Thrower order it soon. Only 4 LEDs left and they are sold out everywhere I can find.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Decided to keep Serial 25-30 Raw for this round. Raw is just very nice. I will deal with other finishes in the next run.

Never mind, I now see what you meant.

No clear anodizing and we don't know when Illumn is going to sell them or how he's going to sell them.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry if I've missed an obvious post but are there indeed clear anodized SLN's or did I go through a wormhole or something?

There will be clear anodized along with other finishes in the NEXT run.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Never mind, I now see what you meant.

No clear anodizing and we don't know when Illumn is going to sell them or how he's going to sell them.

All correct. If you want Clear anodizing you may wait until next round. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, haven't followed this closely, but is Ti planned ? ETA ?

This light is crazy expensive as is. I cant imagine how much they will charge me for Ti. ahahah
But let me ask them for a quote. May be I will make like 3 is there are demands.

star_c_star

Enlightened
I waited too long, since SLN is sold out on the Sky Lumen web site.

I ALMOST bought it as soon as it was listed, but decided to wait and reserve a serial number. Bad move.

However, I just bought a
P60vn W1.1 Thrower drop in, to be assembled with the second-run SLN I will purchase. The
P60vn W1.1 Thrower is almost out of stock, hence my purchase NOW.

For the second SLN run, I'll order a polished aluminum one. At least I reserved the drop in I wanted to be placed into it.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I waited too long, since SLN is sold out on the Sky Lumen web site. It is not! We have not even started serial select yet until tomorrow at 6PM. If you land one of the serial below you are guaranteed a light form this batch.

I ALMOST bought it as soon as it was listed, but decided to wait and reserve a serial number. Bad move. Not a bad move. People who ordered on the store just want to get the payment part out of the way. They are guaranteed a light of random serial unless they post here for a specific serial tomorrow at 6PM.

However, I just bought a
P60vn W1.1 Thrower drop in, to be assembled with the second-run SLN I will purchase. The
P60vn W1.1 Thrower is almost out of stock, hence my purchase NOW. W1.1 is for single reflector P60vn only. W1 will be used for Quads. Same LED die just smaller footprints.

For the second SLN run, I'll order a polished aluminum one. At least I reserved the drop in I wanted to be placed into it.
Raw polished was surprisingly more popular than I thought. I am worried about oxidation in the long run but I guess others are not as much...OH well, We can always polish it again easily later.

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

This light is crazy expensive as is. I cant imagine how much they will charge me for Ti. ahahah
But let me ask them for a quote. May be I will make like 3 is there are demands.

Make that 4, please :)

-K

star_c_star

Enlightened
Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

I apologize for confusing anyone with my previous post about the SLN flashlight.

It is NOT "Sold Out" if you order it directly from the Sky Lumen website. I just did that, along with the correct P6 drop-in, battery, etc.

I'll try to reserve a serial number for it at 6 PM Seattle time.

Bronco

Enlightened
Not a bad move. People who ordered on the store just want to get the payment part out of the way. They are guaranteed a light of random serial unless they post here for a specific serial tomorrow at 6PM.

Sorry if I'm a little slow on the uptake here, Vinh, but I'm one of those people who has already purchased the SLN/P60 combo through your website. I obviously have no idea how many others have joined me in doing this, but let's just say hypothetically that there are a hundred other people who have also already completed their purchase for this light. For those 75 who are unable to reserve a serial number tonight, will the number of lights produced in the second run be adjusted to ensure that everyone who has paid is covered? Or is the size of the second run constrained by some other factor making it possible that someone who has already paid will have to wait for a third run?

I realize I may be greatly inflating the number of people who have already committed financially to this light, but I'm hoping for the best for you. :)

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if I'm a little slow on the uptake here, Vinh, but I'm one of those people who has already purchased the SLN/P60 combo through your website. I obviously have no idea how many others have joined me in doing this, but let's just say hypothetically that there are a hundred other people who have also already completed their purchase for this light. For those 75 who are unable to reserve a serial number tonight, will the number of lights produced in the second run be adjusted to ensure that everyone who has paid is covered? Or is the size of the second run constrained by some other factor making it possible that someone who has already paid will have to wait for a third run?

I realize I may be greatly inflating the number of people who have already committed financially to this light, but I'm hoping for the best for you. :)

We will talk logistics after 6PM but there should not be any stock issues. :)

CLB

Newly Enlightened

I have related question. Like Bronco, I have already ordered a light and engine. Assuming mine was one of the first twenty four orders, I thought that would insure I got one of the first twenty four lights, regardless of whether or not I successfully reserved a serial number tonight. Is that not the case?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OK let me try to clarify this:

If you ordered on my store already this is the promise: "Pre-order Now. Ship ~ Mid to end of October."
This promise has nothing to do with any serial. There are no specific serial promise on my store. There is not even a mention of serial on the store sales link.
https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/sky-lumen-nguyen-the-bulletproof-flashlight
Therefore, pre-ordering on my store only promise a SLN that ships about "Mid to end of October".

Ok now lets move on to the Serial reserve thread here:
In this thread I promise that if you successfully reserve a serial before everyone else after I say Fiat Lux at 6PM tonight then that serial is yours. You will get THE SLN with that specific serial. You are guaranteed this serial regardless of when you ordered on the store. If you have not already paid on the store you may pay for the light after you secure your serial. If you have already paid I will assigned reserved serial to your pre-paid order. If you paid already but did not successfully reserve a serial tonight I will personally email you your options.

Regarding serial reserve please only list the serial(s) you absolutely want. If you win those serial they are yours. You cant back out or pick and choose after.

---------------------

Here are some background info just in case it helps to further clear up stock questions.
Serial 1-24 Black HA III should be in my hands 1st-2nd week of October.
Serial 25 Raw polished is in my hand right now and is up for reserved tonight along with the other serials listed in post 1.
Serial 26, 28, 29 & 30 are Raw polished and is on it's way to Illumn. They will decide these serials fate.
Batch 2 serial will be 31-60 and should be in my hand hopefully end of October. If there are delays I will of course update ASAP.
Details on batch 2 finishes and metal type will be updated ASAP
Reservations for batch 2 will be open ASAP

I hope this clears it all up.
2 more hours :)

Last edited:

Latest posts