• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
I was thinking of doing a red, white and (ice) blue on mine. Assuming 12 trits around the outside, and three on the back I was considering 4 blue, then alternating red/white/red/white for the other 8, and on the back have one each in red, white and blue. Blue would be the top left when the SkyLumen logo is oriented properly. Thoughts anyone?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of doing a red, white and (ice) blue on mine. Assuming 12 trits around the outside, and three on the back I was considering 4 blue, then alternating red/white/red/white for the other 8, and on the back have one each in red, white and blue. Blue would be the top left when the SkyLumen logo is oriented properly. Thoughts anyone?

Wow AD that's a GREAT idea! Damn, I had just convinced myself I wasn't going to spend the money on glowy things......

I kinda want to feel the twisty without trits first though.

Keitho

Enlightened
Put me down for a full set of trits. AD, I love your red/white/blue idea--with your permission to copy your idea, I'd love to have a made-in-the-USA light spewing red, white, and blue radiation for a quarter-century or so!

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
I figured the American flag theme would go nicely with the spirit of the SLN.
I'm now thinking maybe two smaller "flags" around the outside, so maybe 2 blues followed by red/white/red/white, then another 2 blue followed by the same 4 red/whites. Also considering blue/red/white alternating. Hmmmm...

Question for you guys, I have an ice blue 3x15 pendent and it seems blue enough to me for this role, and it's quit a bit brighter than the regular blue, but the flag is definitely a darker blue.
Anyone have experience with just how dim dark blue is compared to, say, red? I know the percentage chart, seen it plenty of times, but looking for people's opinions.

Last edited:

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
Put me down for a full set of trits. AD, I love your red/white/blue idea--with your permission to copy your idea, I'd love to have a made-in-the-USA light spewing red, white, and blue radiation for a quarter-century or so!

Absolutely! I also feel like it'll be just a bit less overwhelming than all green, which may likely be visible from space, which is very cool in its own way, but as a nightstand nightlight, might be a bit too bright for me.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Absolutely! I also feel like it'll be just a bit less overwhelming than all green, which may likely be visible from space, which is very cool in its own way, but as a nightstand nightlight, might be a bit too bright for me.

Green would def be too bright on a night stand and would more than likely light the room up lol. Red white and blue will be dimmer for sure, still plenty bright.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Can someone give me a count by Sunday? I will order a bit extra but not much just incase someone want in later. These vials are just too pricey. I am going to find a knife to sell so I can fund an all green on the side tail cap with 3 Ice Blue at the rear.

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
I think I've got it counted so far for those that have said they want tritium, including your 12 green and 3 ice blue, Vinh.

Green 57
Ice blue 25
Red 15
White 15
Yellow 7

Bronco

Enlightened
I'd take 3 red just for the slots in the top of the twisty tail cap. I'll probably leave all the side slots empty.