SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

fraktl

Newly Enlightened
Success for me as well on Windows 10 Pro x64

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioJP

Enlightened
Got couple of questions that i am confused about.

1. In Eneloop mode. What's so special about this mode compared to Ni-MH? Is it a predefined capacity based on which version of Eneloop is selected?

2.I noticed when charging cells. The readings on the charger is not as real-time as i thought to believe. In other words, when i select a slot number. In SOV, the average voltage readings seems to be in real-time than the readings in TOV. Any explanation about this?

3. In trickle charge. every couple of seconds or so the current mA value will go from where is it and drop to 0 and return to that value and repeats. Just curious why it does that.

That's all the questions i have for now.

Thanks.

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like the manual has been updated to v1.10 . some typos corrected afaik . RAM is now also mentioned near the end of the manual, still unofficial though .

i am seeing some questions here since the publiquement of the new firmware, i see. will try to find all the answers thanks! :cool:

morcegolas

Newly Enlightened
Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Hi guys, I've got some IMR 18350 900MAH 3.7V.

Witch Termination should I use? Zero ?

Thanks.

Albert_

Newly Enlightened
Yaaaayy!! Finally. Ended up dual boot with Windows 8.1 after all, and that worked! Firmware successfully updated on both my chargers. The thought of trying different OS's just for this is a bit too much bit at last. lol

Ok, i can see how the screensaver can get annoying really fast because of the beep. For now, i turned off the screensaver.

Glad you go it to work under Windows 8.1.

Woking ok under Windows 8.1 indicates the problem may have been with Windows 10's new features and possibly new methods of handling media and USB devices with your PC's hardware and drivers.

From what I've read about Windows 8.x and Windows 10 the OSs core engine is nearly the same except for any new OS features and the Windows Desktop Manager. Windows 10 uses a different GUI than Windows 8.

Installations may differ somewhat between PC's hardware and drivers. It would be interesting to know if the PC-Link software runs ok under safe mode? If the PC-Link software functions under safe-mode indicates something being enabled, and/or loaded upon a normal boot-up that's preventing your USB to work normally. Safe-mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers, IIRC should have USB support.

MarioJP

Enlightened
It would be interesting to know if the PC-Link software runs ok under safe mode? If the PC-Link software functions under safe-mode indicates something being enabled, and/or loaded upon a normal boot-up that's preventing your USB to work normally. Safe-mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers, IIRC should have USB support.

Tried in safe mode no dice. Doesn't matter which port i plug the charger. I could hear a detection of new hardware, even goes as far as installing the driver for your hardware and is now ready to use. But nope no dice. I gave up and used win 8 instead. I do notice that wondows update tells me that there is a new version of windows 10 build 1511 and i am on build 10240. Whelp time to reinstall windows 10 with 1511 build and test to see if windows 10 finally can see the charger.

MarioJP

Enlightened
Everything is all good now. PC link now sees the charger under Windows 10. The conclusion. For those that did not have a problem when updating the firmware under Windows 10. This is because you guys were on build "1511" of the OS. Moral of the story. Windows updates good for you. I had it turned off because it was annoying. Just can't win in a Microsoft world lol.

sns

Newly Enlightened
After update.
MC3000 Monitor now freezes a bit later, but freezes anyway.
DEX does work as installed 3.2.6 version.

Wonder if there will be some universal and really good (with controls) software for all chargers...

upd. Nope. DEX freezes as well... No USB data after some time. Restarting it helps sometimes, but not often...

Last edited:

Trancersteve

Newly Enlightened
I have a eneloop that I've accidentally ran down to a very low voltage and the MC3000 will not recognise it. I'm assuming that there is nothing in the settings that can be modified to get this cell visible on the MC3000?

tjh

Enlightened
I have a eneloop that I've accidentally ran down to a very low voltage and the MC3000 will not recognise it. I'm assuming that there is nothing in the settings that can be modified to get this cell visible on the MC3000?
Try holding the SNB. That will pulse some voltage into the battery.

rufus001

Enlightened
I have some Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V batteries I would like to charge with my MC3000. What is the safest way to determine the maximum voltage I should charge them to?

Zanders

Newly Enlightened
I have some Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V batteries I would like to charge with my MC3000. What is the safest way to determine the maximum voltage I should charge them to?

I have a few of those to. What kind of cell is this and how to charge and discharge it without the built in electronics?
Curious about the real capacity, if I remeber correct they didn´t last long.
nzej2u.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

JB

Enlightened
ProgressiveRC is well-known in the RC world for top-notch customer service, as a search will quickly confirm (see here or here for a couple random examples).

However, one thing to be aware of is that they seem to have changed their warranty terms on the MC3000. Initially it was lited as "limited lifetime" but now it is only "1 year" - a bit disappointing.

Get your facts straight. ProgressiveRC originally offered a "limited lifetime" warranty both on their Amazon page and their website. But now it has been downgraded to "1 year". There is no "conspiring". Only facts - which may be useful in purchasing decisions.

Just revisited this thread after a few months.

The funny thing is the manufacturer's manual states that the warranty is 1 year (page 41). So how can ProgressiveRC offer a "limited lifetime" warranty? Perhaps ProgressiveRC later realized this discrepancy and changed it to "1 year" to be in line with the manufacturer's warranty.

JB

Enlightened

Just tried updating my firmware to v 1.11 and the process stopped with this error: "start vector err1".

I'm using a laptop with Win XP SP3, so should not be an OS issue.

I believe if you boot the device with enter pressed down (unplug all power, hold down enter, plug in power) you can reflash it.

I tried the above method to reflash my firmware but it is not working.

Note my original firmware was v 1.02.

tjh

Enlightened

Just tried updating my firmware to v 1.11 and the process stopped with this error: "start vector err1".

I'm using a laptop with Win XP SP3, so should not be an OS issue.

I tried the above method to reflash my firmware but it is not working.

Note my original firmware was v 1.02.

Get another USB cable, remove any USB hubs in the way and try again.