Flashlight Enthusiast
Want a photo of a MAC-address? :D

sisi1i6sz9.gif

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow.

Looks legit :D

Thanks so much for sharing!

@fneuf , you can produce MAC on LCD like this too?

fneuf

Newly Enlightened
Wow.

Looks legit :D

Thanks so much for sharing!

@fneuf , you can produce MAC on LCD like this too?
I can & I could. Or at least I did when I first received it and played with it.
Right now I can't as it slowly cycling some non-LSD Ds my girlfriend had sadisticly abandoned to their sad & certain death for years. At first patients were showing flat encephalograms and after several electroshocks pulses timidly appeared with even up to a whooping 5mAh. Now their voltage curves are back to normal and are in the 600 mark. So intense to witness emotionwise.:sssh:

Do you want a pic also or did you only wished to verify if mine can also show MAC?

fneuf

Newly Enlightened
I have a curious question. Would there be any way to authorize the user to custom set his own charging algorithm and parameters with the MC3000?
That would be the uber level of control and power in a charger, but might be dangerous (to some extent) or difficult to implement (from a GUI standpoint).
Let say I'm not strictly speaking of the algorithm (though I know there is one existing request here around an alternative algorithm for NiMh), but more to give the user a better controls of some parameters, like charging voltage.

I have a 9.6v 230mAh PowerEx LSD battery, and would like to properly balance charge it. The only method I can think of is to use a very low charging current (at max C/10) and give it some hours of charging. However my hobby charger, a Q6+, doesn't allow me to set charge current lower than 0.1A. Given the parameters resolution of the MC3000, my eyes are looking at the SkyRC for that purpose. But I'd have to select an appropriate charge voltage of 11,6v. Hence my first question. Q.E.D. :whistle:

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have a 9.6v 230mAh PowerEx LSD battery, and would like to properly balance charge it. The only method I can think of is to use a very low charging current (at max C/10) and give it some hours of charging. However my hobby charger, a Q6+, doesn't allow me to set charge current lower than 0.1A. Given the parameters resolution of the MC3000, my eyes are looking at the SkyRC for that purpose. But I'd have to select an appropriate charge voltage of 11,6v. Hence my first question. Q.E.D. :whistle:

The SkyRC have no way of delivering that kind of voltage, a power supply with a resistor would be a better solution.

Albert_

Newly Enlightened
It seems the MC3000 Android App is limited to Android OS version 4.3 and higher?

I have an rugged Android Phone 4G LTE running Android version 4.1x. Smartphone is not all that old, however the manufacture Nec-Casio stopped producing the phone so there's no OS update.

So I'm out of luck running the MC3000 app unless I find an Android device running Android version 4.3 or higher?

4.1 came out approx. the same time as Android 4.3.1 (Jelly Bean)

I'm wondering if there's some sort of PC Android emulator that would be able to run the MC3000 app?

Albert_

Newly Enlightened
I guess just to try it out and see how it compares.

For just regular use I need a simple app that works better than the MC3000 monitor that's sort of useless running on my PC due to lack of GUI & screen sizing controls.

I don't believe the DataExplore yet has MC3000 user control?

IMO, the MC3000 needs an app that's able to both control and monitor. I have a difficult time using the LCD menus if unable to find my reading glasses. Would prefer to control the MC3000 from a PC or connected device with better software menus, possibly that could be to a degree configured and programmed by the user.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic

For just regular use I need a simple app that works better than the MC3000 monitor that's sort of useless running on my PC due to lack of GUI & screen sizing controls.

That is not the only PC app for the MC3000.

Ravel

Newly Enlightened

I don't believe the DataExplore yet has MC3000 user control?

IMO, the MC3000 needs an app that's able to both control and monitor. I have a difficult time using the LCD menus if unable to find my reading glasses. Would prefer to control the MC3000 from a PC or connected device with better software menus, possibly that could be to a degree configured and programmed by the user.

No user control from DEX.
I believe this is on purpose, it was a bit discussed in the thread I think.
An earlier version could start the MC3000 (starting to log started the Mc3000)

You can save "the 30 programs" with DEX, but no editing.
On purpose again.

Albert_

Newly Enlightened
MC3000 settings charging NiMh AA, Eneloop & Tenergy

Hello,

It's been a quite a while since I've used NiMH or NiCD batteries. I've been using mostly non-rechargeable Alkaline and Lithium AA's.

However I have some outdoor and mobile equipment that requires AA's and have became tired of replacing the non-rechargable batteries and decided to give some NiMH a try again.

I purchased the multi-chemistry MC3000 to mainly charge my Lithiums, but since I still have some mobile and non-mobile equipment that relies mostly on AAs. Such as e.g. a handheld Magellan GPS receiver that accepts two AA, but has no battery charging capabilities.

I decided to purchase a 4 pack of Eneloop 2000mha AAs and at the same time purchased a couple of 4 packs of the Tenergy Premium 2500mha AAs.

Looking at MC3000 settings I'm finding different settings for NiMH and Eneloop.

I'm wondering if I should first break in the Eneloop and Tenergy AA batteries?, as there's a Break-In setting under Mode:

There's also a Battery Type: setting which defaults to standard AA.

I'm uncertain about the rest of the settings.

I suppose I could setup the MC3000 in dummy mode would be sufficient enough, however I'm trying to learn more about charging NiMH as my previous NiMH/NiCD chargers, not used very often, were dummy chargers without any charge settings.

Last edited:

fmc1

Enlightened
Re: MC3000 settings charging NiMh AA, Eneloop & Tenergy

Hello,

It's been a quite a while since I've used NiMH or NiCD batteries. I've been using mostly non-rechargeable Alkaline and Lithium AA's.

However I have some outdoor and mobile equipment that requires AA's and have became tired of replacing the non-rechargable batteries and decided to give some NiMH a try again.

I purchased the multi-chemistry MC3000 to mainly charge my Lithiums, but since I still have some mobile and non-mobile equipment that relies mostly on AAs. Such as e.g. a handheld Magellan GPS receiver that accepts two AA, but has no battery charging capabilities.

I decided to purchase a 4 pack of Eneloop 2000mha AAs and at the same time purchased a couple of 4 packs of the Tenergy Premium 2500mha AAs.

Looking at MC3000 settings I'm finding different settings for NiMH and Eneloop.

I'm wondering if I should first break in the Eneloop and Tenergy AA batteries?, as there's a Break-In setting under Mode:

There's also a Battery Type: setting which defaults to standard AA.

I'm uncertain about the rest of the settings.

I suppose I could setup the MC3000 in dummy mode would be sufficient enough, however I'm trying to learn more about charging NiMH as my previous NiMH/NiCD chargers, not used very often, were dummy chargers without any charge settings.

The eneloops are straight forward. They need no break in and yes the mc3000 has a break in mode. Set Type to eneloop, model to AA Std. The default values are fine for everything else except for maybe time. I don't remember what the default time is but 300 should be fine. The 2500mAh Tenergy AA's are rated the same as eneloop AA pros so you could make it easy for yourself and choose model AA Pro to charge them and leave the defaults. If you want to make a program for the Tenergys I would do Type NiMh, Cap 2700, C.Cur 1.25A, Targ. V 1.65V, Delta 3mv, Temp 45, Time 300.

Last edited: