SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

linc90

Newly Enlightened
Nothing is wrong. In regards to the resting cell it's perfectly normal for a healthy cell to recover that much voltage after cutting out at 2.7v 1A . As for the cells almost finished, you are simply observing how little capacity is left in these particular cells below 3v.

linc90

Newly Enlightened
Just to clarify you can see cells 3,4 are still discharging by the negative sign on the current measurement eg, -1.01 as opposed to cell 2 which has 1 amp going into it which means it finished discharging first and has now started charging.
One reason it might have done that is if it was more changed than the rest when you started the cycle since you have it setup c>d>c (charge,discharge, charge)

SYZYGY

Newly Enlightened
i see. yeah i guess it's possible that it really did discharge to 2.7V, and i wasn't around to observe it in time. i'll pay better attention. thanks!

linc90

Newly Enlightened
You're settings are correct and I've never seen this charger get it wrong, so it's basically a guarantee that it did discharge to 2.7v.

SYZYGY

Newly Enlightened
how's this storage profile?

BATT TYPE: liion
MODE: storage
CAPACITY: 4200mAh
C. CURRENT: 1A
D. CURRENT: -1A
C. RESTING: 0min
D.RESTING: 0min
CYCLE COUNT: off
CYCLE MODE: off
TARGET VOLT: 3.80V
TERMINATION: 0.01A
RESTART VOLT: OFF
D. REDUCE: -ZERO
CUT VOLT: OFF
CUT TEMP: 45°C
CUT TIME: OFF

maybe it doesn't matter in the end, but it didn't finish even after 6 hours. the slots were still busy.

1659599739504.png

i think default termination for storage is Zero, and i read somewhere that setting it to 0.01A or 0.02A can help with the profile taking longer than it needs to. i don't actually understand why, though. should i try increasing it to 0.02A?

also, what's with skyrc's choice of 3.8V for storage? everything i've read i the past suggests 3.6-3.7V. guessing 3.6,3.7,3.8 are all close enough, and it doesn't really matter. as long as it's stored somewhere around half full it's ok?

linc90

Newly Enlightened
I've heard reports of this to. Haven't had this problem myself, I think it would depend on the particular cell. Definitely try raising it up a bit. But you're right it doesn't matter at all, after 6 hours they will be as close to 3.8v as they will get.

linc90

Newly Enlightened
Oh yeah somewhere around that voltage will do. It really depends on the cell where exactly halfway is and doesn't have to be that accurate I believe.

SYZYGY

Newly Enlightened
thanks for your patience. :)

got another one:

1659690636419.png

slot 4 is running this program:

NCR18650GA Storage

BATT TYPE: LiIon
MODE: Storage
CAPACITY: 4200mAh
C. CURRENT: 1.25A
D. CURRENT: -1.5A
C. RESTING: 0min
D.RESTING: 0min
CYCLE COUNT: OFF
CYCLE MODE: OFF
TARGET VOLT: 3.75V
TERMINATION: 0.02A
RESTART VOLT: OFF
D. REDUCE: -Zero
CUT VOLT: OFF
CUT TEMP: 45°C
CUT TIME: OFF

i'm putting some fully charged cells into storage, but it seems to discharge at -1A despite D. CURRENT being set to -1.5A. thoughts?

linc90

Newly Enlightened
Oh that's an easy one, mc300 will only discharge up to 2 amps if only 1 slot is getting used, if more than one slot is active it is limited to 1 amp discharge per slot as not to overheat the charger.