Flashlight Enthusiast
offense taken both ChibiM and fnsooner

shame on both of you for smearing for no reason

and now i suggest we stay on topic shall we

thanks

Last edited:

dssguy1

Newly Enlightened
Im being told that HKE plans to ship on Nov 23rd. Hope that is true, I put in my pre-order a week or so ago.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the website can't post the PDF-manual online until late, then i wouldn't mind.
Early mc3k adopters will have then the privilege to be surprised by the printed one without spoilers :lolsign:

Folks get what they pay for:nana:

billcushman

Enlightened
Kreisl,

Is MC3000 production and testing proceeding without problems or unexpected delays? Does shipping to dealers appear to be on schedule?

Thanks for all your efforts!

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
@kreisl One of the reasons I regret the removal of battery-powered (USB) output functionality is that it may have allowed the MC3000 to serve as a very capable mini-UPS - compare my post here on the Miller ML-102. In particular, it could be programmed to maintain the batteries on standby at less than 4.2V, so prolonging their life (a highly desirable yet rarely implemented feature - similar to "battery saver" feature in laptops).

Last edited:

romteb

Enlightened
Order it guys, that's a charger for years, not the Opus, xtar, Nitecore or Thrunite you'll keep upgrading from as they incrementaly correct their shortcomings and add the functions this one have in their newer models over the years , plus Skyrc open mindness and Kreisl effort are worthy of recognition.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the SkyRC the moment preorders came up but I had no idea this thread even existed let alone the history and effort that went into it. Thanks Kreisl for your good work.

Viking

Enlightened
Looks great. But I wonder what they mean by "Internal Accuracy" for D, 32600 and 32650 cells.
I also will like to know what the difference is between nimh and eneloop chemistry, maybe omitted tricle charge for the latter ?

There are so many things I like about this charger.
Opportunity to test the robustness of batteries as a result of almost 100 cycles numbers.

High max capacity charge supports D cells.
low charge and discharge current down to 50 mA, and maybe even small selectable steps to choose from too, they don't mention that though. But I think Kreisl has stated that earlier.

Supports Lifepo4 etc.

I think this charger will be a success beyond their expectations. For those who want a hobby charger with integrated holders there are no other alternatives to look for. And I believe there are many who have always wanted this opportunity. I can't be the only one :)

If I were to name some things I could miss in this charger, it is only two things.
The lack of possibility to take ordinary 9 volts cells. If that was included it would have supported all common household batteries. Not a big issue for me though.
But it would have been another reason for some to by this charger since very few analyzers have this opportunity ( I only know of Ansmann XC3000 ).

And second I don't think the software offer the opportunity to measure capacity in mWh ( milliwatt-hour ). That could be good to know for some cells I think.
But I fully understand there will always be something someone could wish for a little different. And it doesn't change the fact that I believe it will be an awesome charger, almost in a league of its own.

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
And second I don't think the software offer the opportunity to measure capacity in mWh ( milliwatt-hour ).

2015-11-16_14-58-0242ssh.png

:)

GMUGNIER

Newly Enlightened
Is there anyway to toggle between units so that we can have degrees Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, etc..etc.. ??

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find it surprising that SkyRC does not have even a single authorized distributor in all of North America!
Well, that is true.

Sky produces OEM (and ODM) hobby chargers for several big US brands/distributors in that field, which excludes the need for a Sky-brand US distributor. So, since RC hobby people wouldn't pick up a RB charger, the company officials will exhibit this and another new RB charger on the forthcoming CES 2016, Las Vegas Nevada USA, in January. Their booth is already listed in the CES '16 directory under a partnering company name for household electronics.

Maybe the Fenix USA distributor is interested in picking it up? :laughing:

Last edited:

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
So this thread has blown up and I don't really have the time to read the whole thing (sorry, I'm supposed to be working right now!)

Where, in the US, can one buy or pre-order this charger?

thanks!