SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today i was testing the box construction. Will it work? Surprise, the top face is showing QR-code for iOS app and for Android app. And that's the news item for today: The Android app is in the works and almost done. Not totally bug-free yet :eek:. Will be posted on Google Play Store soon! Full box size be 250×245×95mm.

Compared to the 1yr old pic in the OP it looks like the 8 buttons have now white ink in the grooves. Nice touch, sweet!

pic1-medium0gkan.jpg

it's going to be a very compact charger in the end, or maybe not? ;)

pic2-mediumdyjn1.jpg

mc3k. mini charger 3000 so to speak *g*

pic3gpsjd.png

box tested. works. :crackup:

Edit: Hey kreisl, this isn't fair, you edited your post and added a photo with a HUGE box. Now which one is real size?
EDIT: schachtel good for storing four NCR, not much space left. :shrug: Now i am confused two :help:

pic4pngpgsa9.jpg

Last edited:

light-wolff

Newly Enlightened
What HKJ said, and make it double, since a PB reduces accuracy and increases price, too!
HKJ? Last post of HKJ in this thread:
Just a documented virtual serial port connection would be enough, then the software is easy to make.

Anyway, I wasn't very keen on this charger, one of the reasons being its size. Now I see how SMALL it will actually be (sse box above). That's incredible! I have to have one!

Edit: Hey kreisl, this isn't fair, you edited your post and added a photo with a HUGE box. Now which one is real size?

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, folks. I was responding to something that is old news. Somehow I thought I was reading a current post when I replied.

The topic is the integrated power bank which i so much have been loving for testing and playing with in my earlier protos, it`s been part of my dream of a non-portable premium charger ever since, and it worked pleasingly well, as demoed in 1 or 2 of my youtubes.

1) Are you or aren`t you going to use (or play with) the mc3k power bank functionality occasionally, for any reason whatever?

2) Would you prefer to save the 10$ and have a simpler yet more accurate device instead?

3) Disregarding 1)&2), wouldn`t you want to have this feature nonetheless?, or do you really not care for having it at all, or even find this feature silly and stupid? :crazy:

Please help by voicing your opinion on the topic.. :sick:

As I have said before, I do not see the idea of a power bank in a stationary device. It might supply usb current when powered from mains for charging a phone or other stuff.
I want power banks to be transportable.

What HKJ said, and make it double, since a PB reduces accuracy and increases price, too!

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is such a train wreck, lol.
Sorry but i will have to take it as compliment :laughing:

News item of today, look what i've found:

ANDROID app is now publicly available on Google Play Store:

One can install it already but please don't judge it yet. The app is a work in progress and we can assume that there will be updates, improved versions regularly.

So this entire MC3000 product is really coming to life huh :thinking:

Last edited:

romteb

Enlightened
This thread is such a train wreck, lol.

This must be your first day on the interwebs :laughing:, i have never seen a Squirrel thread that was less a train wreck than this one, even in absolute term it would hardly register on a very sensitive train wreck mesuring device.

roadwarrior

Newly Enlightened
I believe someone mentioned the owner's manual is 41 pages or so on here...anybody got a link to it yet?

Thanks.

dts71

Newly Enlightened
I tried the MC3000 app for Iphone (5s running 9.02).
It instantly crashes.

As a reference NC2500 app will start, but since I don't have that charger I can't verify any functionality.

_UPz

Enlightened
I managed to enter the app menu, somehow :thinking:

It's buggy, but interesting. Guess it's just an early/buggy version posted in google play/apple store just to have a working QR code for the actual box/manual printing stage.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any updates or news?

Anyone with a link to the manual or something?

Anything?

:candle:

Nothing?

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
After so long without progress i've been dozing off :ironic: and almost forgot about my role here.

Anti-news: mass production has not started yet! OMG

Drives me insane, those weeks without sleep.

But let me go home once the product has been released, i can't be the only one ever reporting :D

Happy weekend y'all.