sl scorpion and pila batteries

alpha

Newly Enlightened
Can my Sl scorpuon run with pila batteries? Any cons with this?

X33

Enlightened
I think it runs at less than full brightness. If I remember there was a compatibility chart in the Pila review on flashlightreviews.com

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use the Pila 168s and the Strion bulb (3.7 volt). It won't put out as many lumens as the Scorpion bulb, but it won't get as brown as the Scorpion does on primary cells. I think you'll be happy with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
leukos that may not be true. I make a bulb for the SureFire e2e using the Strion bulbs, and they are just as bright, if not brighter than the stock one. Stock 4.8v bulb drew 1100mA, while the 3.7v Strion bulb draws 1650!

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pila 168s will not fit in the Scorpion. I wish they could... As far as brightness, definitely won't be as bright. The 6P with a Pila 168s is very yellow and about half brightness. I would expect the same in the Scorpion (if it could fit).

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
If it has 2 labels on it, it will not fit untill you remove one of them.

The problem i'm having is the bulb is melting the bulb holder =\ (also the lexan lens)

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, my mistake. The 168s WILL fit in the Scorpion. I am correct about the beam, however. I checked it and the Scorpion is about half brightness with a fully charged 168s. Sorry for the mixup.

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
socom1970 said:
Sorry, my mistake. The 168s WILL fit in the Scorpion. I am correct about the beam, however. I checked it and the Scorpion is about half brightness with a fully charged 168s. Sorry for the mixup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like leukos said, it will be much brigther with the strion bulb which is designed for use with li-ion.

Chrisse

83Venture

Enlightened
I use the 3w drop in and pila in my P6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also put the much more common Streamlight Stinger bulb in the Scorpion to use with the Pila 168S.