Sleepy Chicken Challenge ~or~ Another Dumb Trend.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
People have always done dumb things, its just that back then nobody would get wind of it, while nowadays they can upload it on the internet for all to see. Of cause that also makes it easier for dumb trends to spread. Most people participate ironically, but the occasional exceptions make this problematic.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm honestly afraid to mention any sarcastic, ridiculous made-up "challenges" out of fear that some knucklehead will pick it up and think "Hey, great idea!"
:rolleyes:
I remember a Babylon Bee article about authorities warning people not to try a challenge that involved hitting themselves in the head with a hammer. Wouldn't surprise me if people were actually dumb enough to do that. Babylon Bee is fake news for laughs (wasn't a real challenge, but they were making fun of the other Tik Tok ones). Just saw some of the winners of the Darwin Awards online. Some people unfortunately are that dumb. One guy stabbed himself with a knife while wearing a jacket to see if his jacket was knifeproof. It wasn't.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Apparently that guy never heard of specifically made clothing items.... Such as stab-proof vests.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of you may remember, with sadness, the Turkey Drop. Not from Tik-Tok, but pretty high on the dumbness scale.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
"With God as my witness, I thought they could fly!" -Les Nessman
My dad used to hunt turkeys when he was a kid. One year the family pooled their resources and bought some turkeys to raise on the farm.
He said "those wild turkeys sure are smart and those farm raised turkeys sure are dumb". He said they'd have to rustle them under cover in a rain storm because they'd stare at the sky until they'd drown.

My guess is ole Les Nesman was dropping farm raised turkeys because wild turkeys can fly pretty well.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My dad used to hunt turkeys when he was a kid. One year the family pooled their resources and bought some turkeys to raise on the farm.
He said "those wild turkeys sure are smart and those farm raised turkeys sure are dumb". He said they'd have to rustle them under cover in a rain storm because they'd stare at the sky until they'd drown.

My guess is ole Les Nesman was dropping farm raised turkeys because wild turkeys can fly pretty well.
Reminds me of a comedian who once said, "In America, we only eat stupid animals because they're so incredibly easy to catch. We don't eat horses or other smart animals, because they're smart enough to run away from us when we approach them with gun in hand. Too much effort to hunt down the smart ones."

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wild turkeys can flap like heck and make it to roof tops, and I've seen them gathered into oak trees sitting among the limbs to escape prey..

As God is my witness, I've never seen turkey soar like an eagle :rolleyes:
Screenshot_20221002-170649.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I found loni Anderson s character ugly something about her hair . To fancy for me

Latest posts