Slight Confusion on runtime results for a KL1/E1E?

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've be doing a bit of reseach on here for runtime results for a SF E1E with a KL1 attached.

From what I gather the E1E with its normal incandesant lamp assembly will run for appoximately 60-75 minutes at about 15 lumens.

But the KL1 lamp assembly runs from between 1.5 hrs and 3 hrs.

Is this correct? How much more efficent would jumping up to the E2E with a KL1 be since the runtime charts seem to show its more efficent in this configuration vs. a 1 cell light?

Maybe I'm just confusing myself, but thanks in advance if you can clarify this for me.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys, I did a bit more research and found this.

KL1:
Fits on E1/E2 body
17 lumens
10+ hr runtime on E1
15+ hr runtime on E2

KL2:
19 super-white LED's
Fits on M3
27 lumens
15+ hr runtime

KL3:
Fits on 6P, M2, Z2, D2, Z3, D3
super-white LED
19 lumens
10+ hr runtime (on 2 batteries)
15+ hr runtime (on 3 batteries)

This sound about right?

Size15's

Flashaholic
You need to check out more posts on the topic of KLx. I believe the figures you have posted are from the HK SureFire site and they don't tell you how long the digital regulation maintains the main output for. These figures include the so called "moon-mode"

The KL1 has been said to work far better when powered by two SF123As. The differences in runtime between one and two cells in significant.

Al

Darell

Flashaholic
Yup, Sean is in the right ballpark. The KL1 was designed to run most efficiently at 6v. It works at 3V, but not as well. You'll get more for your money on two cells... but you won't see 15 hours of regulated light no matter what you do - short of putting a bunch of 123's in parallel.