Small custom Elegant forward clicky light

ScaryFatKidGT

Well I really want a forward clicky muti-mode AAA light and sense there are non is there a custom maker that makes one? I might be willing to go to a mini AA or a 2xAAA penlight but it has to have momentary and a moonlight and be small. Think small and easy to hide and I want a moonlight and low mode so I can have just the right amount of light to not disturb anyone if I need to use it at like a dinner party or something. Under $200ish?

Id probably get a Spy 007 if I have a grand burried somewhere.

enomosiki

Quark AA Tactical. Programmable multi-mode, 1xAA, forward-clicky, moonlight. It's probably a little too big to be what you are asking for, but it fits the bill apart from size.

Peak Eiger with QTC and momentary switch should also be considered. It's not a clicky, but its QTC allows for ramping brightness for some of the most ridiculously lowest outputs possible, while momentary switch will let you get a burst of maximum output when pressed. The drawbacks include the light being unregulated and the QTC can act a little funky.

shelm

Well I really want a forward clicky muti-mode AAA light
what do you mean?
tactical momentary activation ("morse code") and multi-mode (via the clicky) isnt possible or practical. a forward clicky would advance to the next mode.

Quark Tactical has 2-modes, you want that?

ScaryFatKidGT

Quark AA Tactical. Programmable multi-mode, 1xAA, forward-clicky, moonlight. It's probably a little too big to be what you are asking for, but it fits the bill apart from size.

Peak Eiger with QTC and momentary switch should also be considered. It's not a clicky, but its QTC allows for ramping brightness for some of the most ridiculously lowest outputs possible, while momentary switch will let you get a burst of maximum output when pressed. The drawbacks include the light being unregulated and the QTC can act a little funky.
Yeah I am currently piecing together a Quark Tactical AA X for use on a 14500, but that is alittle big for what I want. Also I posted a thread about the Eiger, I was planning to pick up a brass Eiger or El Capitan and was told that the QTC doesn't really work that low reliably? Also with the momentary body there is no way for the light to be constantly on right?

If you can live without momentary, the D25A clicky Ti might fit the bill too.
The thing I don't like about the D25A is that I have read it doesn't have mode memory like the others. I am planning on getting a D25C clicky but I had a Twisty and its just a little to fat, and nether have momentary.

My minimum mode requirement would be something like Tight and lose with momentary but the low would have to be really low <2 OTF lumens, the next step would be like a Quark tactical if they made a mini AA clicky or preon with that UI (anyone want to jam the driver from a quark head in a D25A Ti for me? :)), then there would be a rotary ring or something like the peak were the head would be infinitely variable with a forward clicky and last would be something like an HDS, programmable like that.

jabe1

CPF Supporter
With the Peak QTC lights, for constant on, just tighten the head to the desired output level. while at whatever level, the momentary switch will still work to give you more output.

Latest posts